Thread: New to the forum hello everybody!

New to the forum hello everybody!

Like the title says I'm new and I have a project in mind. I know this must have been discussed plenty of times and I have searched but have not seen a specific answer that meets my specs/needs. I have a gasoline powered electric generator at a small vacation home which has a 10HP engine OHV/OVC it produces 5,250 watts running 6,560 watts max (Black Max brand with Subaru engine). It has a 5 gallon tank and lasts about 8-10 hours at half load. I have it connected to the house in case of power outages via transfer switch and runs the whole house perfectly (dryer and stove run on propane).. Can I use hho along with the gasoline to make it run longer? If so how much hho (lpm) would I need? or What type of system should I build (how many cells etc). I have to get this question out of my head also even though is not the immediate goal: Could it ever run on hho alone? Thanks for your time reading my newbie message.

I am not sure what hp translates to cc, but, they say you need 1/4litre per min for upto 2000cc engine. But obviously the hho production is dependent on the strength of your electrolite and the amps given to it. Too much hho into a engine achieves nothing and can reverse the savings. Seems like you have a prime test candidate there, start very very low and see what your results are, you can always turn it up a bit at a time.

I dont believe any motor could run just on hho, unless you fork out massive money on research for some type of direct injectors, but then to get the stable supply of hho to it you would probably have to store it pressurised in a tank, Ticking bomb idea really and not one I would ever even dream of.

Thanks! I could not find actual cc's but I'm pretty sure it's between 290 and 340 cc's tops given the fact that a similar one with 10hp Subaru 6250 watt is spec'ed at 287 cc's. Will start low, I just want to save as much as possible without compromising safety and engine life (2 extra hours would make me happy) Have to keep in consideration that maintenance cost will go up a little for having it run more hours. I'm not too crazy about running 100% on hho don't want blow up LOL. Thanks again!