Thread: New to forum and a few pics

New to forum and a few pics

Hello all,

Here's a few pics of what i've come up with so far, 9-SS plates, pattern is (-,n,n,n,+,n,n,n,-), using tap water and baking soda.

here's a video of the first test run

That looks like a nice simple design. Have you ever looked into dry cells? What are you using to run it, just a standard car battery? (I've noticed a lot of people on this forum are interested in the automotive aspect of hydrogen production)

I thought about doing a dry cell but as my first try i decided on a simple wet cell design. I am using a standard car battery since that is where i will be mounting it for testing.

well after first 25 miles everything seemed ok, but after going 45+ miles i blew my inline 20A fuse. I may need to get a dc amp meter to see how much im pulling.

With only 3 neutrals you are going to be making more steam than hho, your fuse more than likely blew due to thermal runaway. You will have better production with 7 plates in your configuration and 1 positive and 1 negative connection; less heat as well.

What Havens78 said.

Also use distilled or pure rain water (tap water can contain chemicals which produce unwanted gasses)

KOH as a catalyst is far better than baking soda (I had bad foam issues with baking soda and slightly less with soda crystals when I first started out)

and please don't use those crimp connections if you intend to use the cell for any lengh of time.Take the plastic bit off and solder them for a better connection.
    Lead free solder and a soldering iron won't cost a fortune and will save connections comming loose causing a possible "short" inside the jar.
    I can tell you first hand a short causing a spark in a container full of hydrogen is very impressive for all the wrong reasons when your'e right next to it.