Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My View on Meyer's WFC, the VIC, Resonance, and the Reaction Water has.

My View on Meyer's WFC, the VIC, Resonance, and the Reaction Water has.

I have to state that you have absolutely no reason to believe that I have any idea what I am talking about or that what I have to say bears any resemblance to reality. Let me also state that I cannot, within the confines of this document, give you an understanding of electronics, which is a major portion of my discourse concerning Meyer’s technology. With that said, let me begin…

After having studied Stanley Meyer’s patents for some years and not having managed to discover a link between Meyer’s claims of high voltage, low current, resonance, and capacitance, I thought either I didn’t have the firm grasp on electronics and physics that I though I had, or, Meyer was a fraud as other’s had been saying. Being open minded as I am, I filed Meyer’s invention away in the back of my mind as one of those mis-understood phenomena of which I never lose hope of someday understanding.

One day, I stumbled upon a link to a forum which discusses Meyer’s technology. One of the discoveries I made that day saddened me greatly. That being the death of Stanley Meyer.

(Continued)

I continued reading through the posts on that site and came across Meyer’s Voltage Intensification Circuit (VIC) in a form that made more sense to me. (VIC PDF Link) Here, I found the lost link to my understanding many of Meyer’s patents concerning the fracturing of water. Yes, Meyer does have patented technology using plasma to break down water to form ammonia and nitrous-oxide as a combustable mixture, but that is not discussed here.

You will notice a difference between the diagram of the VIC in the PDF above, and the diagram of the VIC on the next page. The difference being that I have added polarity markings to the coils depicted in this version to help show what Meyer was doing with this transformer.

Notice the ground applied to TX2 and TX5. This ground is significant to the resonance of the whole circuit. Also notice that TX4 and TX5 are applying the same polarity to each of the electrodes to which they are connected. TX4 and TX5 are wound and perform identically. They also happen to be the windings that supply the high voltage to the cell as a whole. The way that TX4 and TX5 supply this high voltage to the cell is called unipolar (they are both applying the same polarity). They are also the conduit for supplying a bias or differential voltage from TX2 & diode, to the electrodes. So in addition to forming the inductive part of a resonant L/C circuit, TX4 and TX5 also serve as an extension cord connecting TX2 to the electrodes.

Notice that TX2 is in serial with TX4. In this configuration, TX2 augments the voltage supplied by TX4 during the positive AC cycle when the diode will be forward biased and able to conduct, thus providing a complete circuit for current to flow.

Let’s say that TX4 and TX5 create a positive 2,000 volts each, and TX2 creates a positive 300 volts when the VIC transformer is on the positive half of it’s resonant cycle. The actual voltages applied to the electrodes would (in reference to the ground) be +2,000 volts to B-, and +2,300 volts to B+. Notice that this scenario doesn’t take into account any losses due to the resistance of the wire used in any of the coils.

Attachment 2338

After having given the reader a chance to look at the VIC circuit (above), let me state for clarity that TX4 and TX5 are wound identically. Being identical, we could reconfigure the circuit and do away with one of the windings. Doing away with one of the windings will reduce the total circuit resistance involved in biasing the electrodes. If you really want that resistance or find you need it, it is much cheaper to use a resistor than to use 304 stainless steel wire as Meyer has suggested. I see no magic to be gained from using exotic metals/alloys in transformer windings just to gain resistance. It’s an added expense that most of us can do without.

(Continued)

Now a word about the pulse trains used to drive the VIC and the resulting waveforms in reference to Meyers original diagram. Many may be of the opinion that the rising pulse train represents the resonant frequency. But I have a different opinion. In the illustrations (below), notice the three wave forms. I believe the waveform labeled “Cathode” represents the waveform that exists between ground and the connection of the diode’s cathode to TX4. Connecting an oscilloscope directly to B+ and B- at the very least would change the resonance of the whole circuit.

Attachment 2339 / Attachment 2340 / Attachment 2341

I also believe the waveform labeled “B+ and B-“ is the correct representation of the differential that exists on the electrodes (B+ and B-) at any point in time during the pulse train. The waveform in black being the differential that exists on the electrodes, the red being the differential that exists between ground and the junction of the diode to TX4.

(Continued)

Now let me present the actual resonant circuit, devoid of all other circuitry.

Attachment 2342

In the diagram above, we have TX5 connected to ground on one end, and to the watercell on the other end. This is the resonant portion of the circuit, and this is as simple as it gets. Here, one can change the resonant frequency of the circuit by adding or removing water from the cell, changing the electrode size, or adding or removing windings on TX5. If one were to add a pickup coil to this transformer, one could build a free running oscillator to drive this circuit, (basicly just amplify what the pickup coil provides) and any changes to the resonant frequency of this circuit would change the oscillator frequency as well. Pretty simple. Add windings to TX5 and the resonant frequency drops while the voltage to the cell rises. It’s a ratio of inductance to capacitance, and the balance determines the resonant frequency of the circuit as a whole. This circuit accomplishes the basic task of creating conduction paths in the water, where all available water molecules effectively become entrained in shoulder to shoulder single file bucket brigades for the purpose of passing electrons into and out of the rest of the water in the cell. Each water molecule having only two neighboring water molecules with which it cooperates in passing these electrons, and refusing to cooperate with any other water molecules for similar purposes. Attempts to pass electrons at 90deg to this path will be ingored and refused.

(Continued)

Now, you may find this a bit odd. The modified VIC (without TX4).

Attachment 2346

Notice TX5 supplies the high voltage pulse to B-, while TX2 supplies the bias voltage pulse across both B- and B+. We get approximately identical results, except for three issues, (1) concerning delaying the bias applied to the electrodes (explained later), (2) concerning the mass of TX2 being added to the cell’s mass, and (3) any stray capacitance involved with TX2, which would reduce the resonant frequency of the circuit. In effect, a whip doesn’t crack if the cracking end is too heavy, and the word “cracking” as used in this analogy is not in reference to cracking water. Any stray capacitance added to this circuit reduces it’s effectiveness.

This brings us to the reason for the pancake windings of TX4 & TX5. That being the capacitance that exists between the windings and the voltage differential present between interactive windings. If one considers the standard way of winding a transformer, there are likely to be 100 windings connecting any two interactive windings which would influence each other via stray capacitance, and the pancake method of winding substantially reduces the number of windings between interactive conductors and thus the voltage levels involved, and thus the leverage this capacitance would have in reducing the resonant frequency of the circuit. (Consider the Tesla Coil here) If one were to compare a standard wound coil with a pancake wound coil, and test the resonant frequencies of these coils without any external connections to the coils, one would find the pancake coils would resonate at a higher frequency. One might feel this is actually more effort than is needed, but Meyer was after efficiency, and being able to entrain more water molecules into forming conduction paths would insure the electrodes were effectively insulated from each other. Who knows, maybe standard methods of winding transformers could be modified to perform just as well if extra insulation were added between the layers. I don’t feel I described this as well as might be needed, but hopefully, I have gotten the point across.

(Continued)

But, what if we could do away with the pancake coils, and allow any stray capacitance to lower the resonant frequency without loosing effectiveness? To do this, we will need to go back to Meyer’s earlier method of using 3 electrodes, but I believe I have found a way to use 3 electrodes and still retain most of the efficiency of the resonant circuit.

Attachment 2344

Then too, since the effectiveness of this circuit is no longer dependant on the driving coil being mostly devoid of any stray capacitance to be effective, and any stray capacitance in the driven coil not only slows the resonant frequency, but also effectively increases the number of conduction paths created in the water by requiring more current to drive it. Plus, without the diode, the red & blue electrodes no longer remain polarized, and will further slow the resonant frequency by requiring more current to drive the changes in electrode polarity, thus ensuring more conduction paths are needed in order to pass enough current to re-bias the red & blue electrodes. And since the red & blue electrodes no longer remain polarized, they will both return to zero bias twice per cycle, and at that point, are likely to effectively regage the process, allowing any conduction paths which may have formed between the electrodes to disband, freeing those water molecules to form new conduction paths to the green electrode, thus re-establishing full insulation between the red & blue electrodes.

(Continued)

After reviewing the diagram above, it occurred to me that the conduction paths connecting to the green electrode could just as easily be connecting to another electrode pair, and possibly double gas output while only requiring a small amount of extra power to bias this new set of electrodes.

Attachment 2347

One needs to remember that the part of these electrodes where the water breaks down is between the electrodes, and in order to ensure the most effective operation, one needs to insulate those electrode surfaces which don’t face the accompanying electrode with corona dope, paint, engine enamel, or some similar waterproof coating This ensures that all conduction paths form between each electrode pair where they are needed for the purpose of electrically insulating the electrode pair from each other.

(Continued)

If it is found that further ionization is of benefit for enhancing gas production, one can either add windings to the driving and driven coils, or add a voltage doubler at the ground connection of both coils. Adding windings will lower the resonant frequency, adding the voltage doubler (see following diagram) will create a larger load at startup, but this method of ionization creates a static charge, and once established, will not impede operation further.

Attachment 2348

Then too, there are many possibilities. Take for instance the following diagram.

Attachment 2349

In the above diagram, both transformers are driven in series, but the coils driving the electrodes are in parallel. Electrode voltage should balance, and conduction paths should form equally on both electrodes and diverge into the surrounding mass of water. When the voltage rises high enough to form a spark on the spark gap, the voltage on the red electrode should drop substancialy, forming a bias between the plates, causing an electric field large enough to pull the water molecules apart. The spark that discharges the red electrode should also load the top transformer sufficiently enough to force the lower transformer to drive the blue electrode to an even higher voltage and give greater feedback as well.

(Continued)

Other applicable information I have acquired.

I read on the internet that the Russians have found a way to reduce the friction encountered by their sea going vessels and torpedoes as they move through the water. At 1st glance, one might think this would be worlds away from Meyer’s technology, but, in reality, this anomaly which the Russians discovered is the very thing which allows Meyers methods to work.

Explanation:

The Russians found that when electric current is applied to water, the water molecules form conduction paths or strings where the molecules bind together to conduct electrons. The Russians put a charged electrode out in front of the vessel, (the vessel being the 2nd electrode) and the water molecules will bind together to form conduction paths in the form of individual strings which are one molecule wide, but many molecules long. As the vessel moves, the strings of molecules slough off the electrodes, but stay bound together for a time, and while the water molecules stay entrained in these strings, they create less friction as the vessel moves through them.

Herein lies the magic of Meyers technology. As TX4 & TX5 charge the electrodes with the same polarity, the water molecules become entrained as they conduct electrons into or out of the container of water. While these water molecules remain entrained, they will not easily break loose to form new conduction paths, thus, the electrode pair become insulated from each other while they continue to be the focal point of conducting the electrons into and out of the mass of water in the cell. It’s at this point that one can apply a high voltage differential across the electrodes without any measurable conduction between the electrodes. And, it’s at this point that the voltage can be raised to levels that will break the water molecules apart.

A friend recently brought new DARPA technology to my attention. This technology is (as I understand it) called water-wires. Two electrodes are placed in water, a laser beam is passed through the water from one electrode to the other, and while the beam is in place, a bias is applied to the electrodes. Conduction paths immediately form between the electrodes within the laser beam. Little electrical leakage takes place since both electrodes are completely covered by the conduction paths, and the conduction paths themselves have no leakage. So the water wires are essentially self insulating since the entrained water molecules only pass the electric current within the conduction path. Having one’s theory backed up by further developments and findings is nice.

More info:

While the cell as a whole is being driven to a highly charged state, the electrodes do indeed form a capacitor which serves a purpose, but that purpose has nothing to do with the resonance of which Meyer speaks.

Also, the gaps in pulsing the VIC are for the purpose of regaging. During these gaps where the VIC is not being pulsed, the water molecules will become free to form new conduction paths which will discharge the voltage differential that exists between the electrodes. And, after the electrodes have been discharged, the water molecules are again free to become entrained in the type conduction paths which will insulate the electrodes from each other.

Further reason for the regaging is that when a water molecule has been broken, the conduction path in which it was entrained is also broken, thus all water molecules that were part of that conduction path are free to form new conduction paths, most of which are likely to create conduction paths which will connect the electrodes to each other, thus the electrodes are no longer insulated from each other.

The reason for TX4 & TX5 being identical windings is to provide a path for conducting the bias voltage to the electrodes. I believe the reason TX4 & TX5 are bifilar wound is to provide an analog delay line, which will postpone the application of the bias voltage to the electrodes long enough for the water to form those conduction paths which are required to insulate the electrodes from each other.

(Continued)

Below is a diagram where I attempt to clarify that inductors TX4 & TX5 are key parts of the resonant L/C circuit Meyer speaks of, and to further point out what actually serves as the functional capacitor in this same resonant L/C circuit.

Attachment 2350

I’d also like to point out that all conductive material in the cell makes up it’s total capacitive mass, and that adding more water to the cell will reduce the resonant frequency of the circuit, just as removing water from the cell will increase the resonant frequency of the circuit.

If I haven’t made it clear enough, I’d like to state that with TX4 & TX5 being identical in electrical performance, and also being bifilar wound, will effectively function as a single inductor where resonance is concerned, and this inductor relies on it’s connection to ground and it’s connection to the cell for the needed capacitance to make a fully functional L/C resonant circuit.

(Continued)