Thread: Bifilar Inductor ?

Bifilar Inductor ?

Hello,

I have searched the net for some discription on what a Bifilar inductor is but I have had no luck. Besides Wikipedia but its way too difficult to understand.

What does the Bifilar inductor do ?

Would it be needed when using 30 000 Volts but with around 0.7 Amps ?

Many Thanks

Can't imagine needing to use a BiFilar wound inductor/transformer for either producing or working with 30k volts.

As for what bifilar is, it's essentially two wires wound as if they are one wire to form an inductor or transformer. Tesla would connect the two wires together in series. Other uses might be to use the two wires separately to transfer DC power from one end of the pair to the other. Since the wires are kept together, a fairly uniform capacitance exists between the wires along their entire length. The capacitance effect would be similar to a twisted pair or coax where uniform impedance is a concern.

Hi,

Okay. That answered my question, but I have another.

I created a test cell replica of stanley meyer, 1.5mm gap between the tubes at each side. So a total clearence of 3mm.

I connected it to a car battery and it produced a large amount of gas.

So I wanted to test it using 30 000 volts using a automotive ignition system. So I connected the negative to the engine earth and the HT lead (one that goes to the spark plug) to the positive wire.

Ok, spun the engine to about 2000rpm. Which equals to 500 pulses in one minute. Which also equals about 8 pulses per second.

And I got NO production.

I know there's a lot of power because a touch on the HT lead would give a nasty shock.

Am I missing something or does it simply not work with high voltage?

Or do I need to try a faster pluse ?

Many thanks

While this isn't a direct answer to your question, these links should provide some insight.

http://www.hhoforums.com/showthread....tion-Water-has.

http://www.hhoforums.com/showthread....ater-Fuel-Cell

Hi,

I have read through those threads but I could not find a good explination.

I find it very puzzling that there is zero bubbles, not even a mist. But connected to a car battery it produces a large cloud...

But I have some doubts on my rig so I am going to try and connect it to a better source. Maybe even a higher voltage

Okay, I was doing a bit of research and found that instead of the voltage splitting the water, it is actually jumping to the next tube.

So I am thinking, use 2 coils. One for the positive tube and one for the negative tube.
    But one coil sending a positive charge while the other coil sends out a negative charge.

So there's no way that the voltage can disperse into the other tube. It will be forced to meet in the middle of the tube gap. Where it should split the water.

Is it worth a shot?

Thanks

Based on my studies, if you're going to use high voltage to break down water, a sequence of events have to take place to get the water and the electrodes ready for the high voltage, and once the water and electrodes are ready, the high voltage can be applied and will create an electric field between the electrodes strong enough to split the water without any current flow between the electrodes.

Otherwise, you will have to use current to break down the water as everyone else does.

Stan's work progressed to the point where he used highly ionized air to split water. He ran air through a hot plasma to positively ionize the air, mixed that with atomized water, and finally ran that mixture through a cold plasma, resulting in a combustible mixture of ammonia and nitrous-oxide.

Hi,

I will do the research and see what comes up.

And Thanks for the help Retro!