Hello I'm new and looking forward to being part of this forum.
I am doing a project on converting an engine to run on hydrogen and oxygen for my senior year engineering independent study and I was hoping you could help me out. let me make this clear, I AM NOT ATTEMPTING TO BREAK THE LAWS OF THERMODYNAMICS. I am very good with physics and chemistry and the amount of garbage information I have found out there on this topic is incredible. What I am trying to do is build a split cell hydrogen-oxygen generator that will collect the gasses separately and then run a small 3.5 horsepower horizontal shaft 4 stoke engine off of the mixture. The split cell will be powered by a variable output dc power supply that plugs into the wall . The purpose of doing the split cell is so that I can collect and temporarily store the gasses if I don't have enough output to run the engine on demand and so that I can adjust the h2 to o2 mixture as it enters the cylinder. I have been a small engine mechanic for 3 years and I have a ton of experience working with these machines so I am very comfortable modifying and adjusting whatever needs to be done. Please spare your time telling me that this wont work, its an engineering challenge for a reason and I will be building the setup no matter what. I have unlimited funding and quite a lot of time so those are issues either. I was hoping that some of you would have advice on split cell designs, they are hard to find. Also if anyone who has done a hydrogen or propane conversion can give me some insight on the problems I am going to run into so that I can start to plan and possibly avoid them that would be awesome. Any knowledge you can share pertinent to this project would be greatly appreciated. Thanks