Thread: I caught the HHO Bug last Night

I caught the HHO Bug last Night

So I was bored and surfing You Tube when I came across an HHO Video. So I said to myself "Self, let's see what this (gubbmint defined) nutjob has to say."

Well, being over 60yo and with nine years of military service, I am familiar with gubbmint tactics and it didn't take more than a minute of watching that first HHO video the realize that the gubbmint had done it again.

I currently own a 75 Chevy 1T dually 4x4 w/ 5.7 that needs serious engine and structural work. I hope to merely upgrade that to a 90's Chevy 3/4 T 4x4 with the 5.7.

In the meantime I will be experimenting with my 87 Toyota P/U that currently gets about 21 MPG with 20% city driving.

Thanks to an insatiable curiosity and the equivalent of a Masters EE, courtesy of the USN, there are some things I do understand about the physics of 2HO production

Capacitance effect: Capacitance is developed between two conductors separated by an insulator. In the current design of 2HO cells, the plate are acting as the insulator, however there is always an electrolyte path between plates. effectively shorting the capacitor at any but the highest frequencies. Think Gigahertz and higher.

Media blasting plates: the greater the surface area the better the electrical connection between plate and electrolyte. I am think of using small grid SS screen. I will screen the input with an even smaller and removable for cleaning screen in the inlet(s) to prevent clogging the plates.

Electrode connections: Due to Kirchoff's and Ohm's laws, placing + and- electrodes at diagonally opposite corners is more efficient than at adjacent corners. I don't think that using the still more efficient use of 2 + and 2 - connections at alternating corners is worth the added cost. The most efficient connection pattern would be round SS plates with a heavy copper ring ring folded over and welded around the edges with the connector at opposite sides of the Cell. Again, I don't think the improvement is worth the cost to DIY.

It is also worthwhile to place the Electrolyte connections at opposite corners and providing for easy straight across the cell flow at the tube connections to prevent no-flow or lo-flow spots in the cell. I think the cost of using two inlets at the bottom corners and one centrally located outlet at the top is reasonable to improve efficiency is worth it. Tapering the tops of the plates down towards the center will improve the gas extraction. One doesn't need to taper the outermost plate on the electrolyte entrance side. (Duh)

Heat and Electrolyte Level Control: Use a larger than necessary gas outlet that will have a liquid separator that will allow me to have a continuous overflow of electrolyte thru the cell. I will run that overflow fluid thru a cooler placed in front of the radiator. It will require a pump to pump it around the Dryer to improve the removal of steam, then to the reservoir. The liquid separator will have a level sensor to control the flow of replacement electrolyte from the Reservoir. Above the Liquid Separator, I will place the Dryer which replaces the Bubbler found on current systems. The Dryer design will use principles found on two stage alcohol stills and SS wool to improve heat transfer and to capture larger droplets. The liquid output of the Dryer will gravity flow into the tube to the cooler at a point below the cell. At system shutoff, the cooler pump and electrolyte replacement pump should continue to run for removal of latent heat from the Cell.

Response time: The stopping and starting of 2HO production occurs at the speed of light as soon as the power applied falls below or rises above that necessary to add an electron to the h2o molecules. Any delay is due to the fact that it takes time for the gas bubble to rise to the top of the cell and reach the vacuum of the engines intake. It can be improved by placing the Cell outlet close to the Dryer and the Dryer output close to the air intake of the engine. There should be a venturied fresh air inlet at the output of the Dryer. This also reduces vacuum to the Dryer. A vacuum controlled fresh air inlet in the top section of the Dryer will eliminate vacuum below it. I think that a way to apply a strong current and time regulated power pulse at the beginning of any demand would help.

Copy rights. I hereby grant to the Public Domain any and all rights to any and all ideas contained in this post, with the sole exception of using them for any patent. as soon as this is published, I will save the web page it is on.

I would really appreciate your comments.

Quote Originally Posted by ZavraD View Post
    So I was bored and surfing You Tube when I came across an HHO Video. So I said to myself "Self, let's see what this (gubbmint defined) nutjob has to say."

Well, being over 60yo and with nine years of military service, I am familiar with gubbmint tactics and it didn't take more than a minute of watching that first HHO video the realize that the gubbmint had done it again.

I currently own a 75 Chevy 1T dually 4x4 w/ 5.7 that needs serious engine and structural work. I hope to merely upgrade that to a 90's Chevy 3/4 T 4x4 with the 5.7.

In the meantime I will be experimenting with my 87 Toyota P/U that currently gets about 21 MPG with 20% city driving.

Thanks to an insatiable curiosity and the equivalent of a Masters EE, courtesy of the USN, there are some things I do understand about the physics of 2HO production

Capacitance effect: Capacitance is developed between two conductors separated by an insulator. In the current design of 2HO cells, the plate are acting as the insulator, however there is always an electrolyte path between plates. effectively shorting the capacitor at any but the highest frequencies. Think Gigahertz and higher.

Media blasting plates: the greater the surface area the better the electrical connection between plate and electrolyte. I am think of using small grid SS screen. I will screen the input with an even smaller and removable for cleaning screen in the inlet(s) to prevent clogging the plates.

Electrode connections: Due to Kirchoff's and Ohm's laws, placing + and- electrodes at diagonally opposite corners is more efficient than at adjacent corners. I don't think that using the still more efficient use of 2 + and 2 - connections at alternating corners is worth the added cost. The most efficient connection pattern would be round SS plates with a heavy copper ring ring folded over and welded around the edges with the connector at opposite sides of the Cell. Again, I don't think the improvement is worth the cost to DIY.

It is also worthwhile to place the Electrolyte connections at opposite corners and providing for easy straight across the cell flow at the tube connections to prevent no-flow or lo-flow spots in the cell. I think the cost of using two inlets at the bottom corners and one centrally located outlet at the top is reasonable to improve efficiency is worth it. Tapering the tops of the plates down towards the center will improve the gas extraction. One doesn't need to taper the outermost plate on the electrolyte entrance side. (Duh)

Heat and Electrolyte Level Control: Use a larger than necessary gas outlet that will have a liquid separator that will allow me to have a continuous overflow of electrolyte thru the cell. I will run that overflow fluid thru a cooler placed in front of the radiator. It will require a pump to pump it around the Dryer to improve the removal of steam, then to the reservoir. The liquid separator will have a level sensor to control the flow of replacement electrolyte from the Reservoir. Above the Liquid Separator, I will place the Dryer which replaces the Bubbler found on current systems. The Dryer design will use principles found on two stage alcohol stills and SS wool to improve heat transfer and to capture larger droplets. The liquid output of the Dryer will gravity flow into the tube to the cooler at a point below the cell. At system shutoff, the cooler pump and electrolyte replacement pump should continue to run for removal of latent heat from the Cell.

Response time: The stopping and starting of 2HO production occurs at the speed of light as soon as the power applied falls below or rises above that necessary to add an electron to the h2o molecules. Any delay is due to the fact that it takes time for the gas bubble to rise to the top of the cell and reach the vacuum of the engines intake. It can be improved by placing the Cell outlet close to the Dryer and the Dryer output close to the air intake of the engine. There should be a venturied fresh air inlet at the output of the Dryer. This also reduces vacuum to the Dryer. A vacuum controlled fresh air inlet in the top section of the Dryer will eliminate vacuum below it. I think that a way to apply a strong current and time regulated power pulse at the beginning of any demand would help.

Copy rights. I hereby grant to the Public Domain any and all rights to any and all ideas contained in this post, with the sole exception of using them for any patent. as soon as this is published, I will save the web page it is on.

I would really appreciate your comments.
    "Patent"...... "Saving the web page".... LMAO!!!

For a man of your age, I'm shocked by your immense lack of legal and business knowledge.

You can't patent a bunch of rehashed ideas that have already been posted all over the internet. Nothing you posted is unique or proprietary in anyway.

Even if you could (which you can't) saving a webpage doesn't mean sh!t.

Let's pretend you could patent the idea. Who ever gets the patent first wins. And you'd look like an idiot in court arguing "well I posted it on the internet first ON A PUBLIC FORUM FOR THE WORLD TO SEE so that means it's mine".

Give me a break.

The judge would laugh at you.

OK, it is obvious that not only are you a rude and arrogant *******, you also have a severe problem with reading comprehension. Me thinks the two go hand in hand in your case.