Hello all. This will be long but I can REALLY use some help.

I'm somewhat of a noob to HHO but have invested around $400-$500 these past few months buying HHO supplies. And I'm running into a problem I can't figure out.

First, let me explain my system.

I bought a 21 plate dry cell + electrolyte + bubbler & wiring kit off ebay. It was around $160. I put A LOT of time researching, and this guy had videos SHOWING that the unit could generate 4-5 LPM with a simple 12V, 30A supply. I was very impressed, he had great reviews so I bought it. Then I went to Lowes & built a nice torch out of brass fittings copying a video off youtube (has a .025 mig head).

I experimented with many different power sources. A 14V -19A dc converter from Radioshack (for $70 which I returned), 2 lawn mower batteries from Lowes (which I also returned lol), battery chargers wired in series, etc etc. But I was not happy with any of them. The batteries in series put out the most gas but only lasted about 1-2 minutes and I quickly got tired of recharging them.

So I found an excellent deal on ebay (now sold out) for a JetStream, 75amp surge, 65amp continous power suppy. It was $238 which was $20-$40 cheaper than I could find anywhere else on the net. The unit is brand new.

Here is my problem.

I connected 2, 6 gauge wires to the JetStreams 2 gold terminals. Then I connected it to my cell and turned it on. Afterwards I slowly turned up the volume. But I noticed that the amp meter on the unit will not pass 40 amps. It says right on the Jetstream manual "65 amp continuous".

I also noticed, I'm only getting around 2.4 LPM.

When my seller was getting more than 4 LPM with a 12V - 30 amp battery + alternator.

So I read the manual which is very vague. And it has 3 other outputs. It has 2 speaker type outputs on the right (4 connections) and says on the manual "10 amp max".

Which made me think, do I need to wire all the outputs together to get the full 65 amps?

If each of those speaker outputs puts out 10 amps, that's 20 amps which would account for why my unit is only drawing out 40 amps.

At the same time I do NOT want to break a brand new $238 unit.

So what am I missing here?

I was honestly expecting around 8 LPM since it's a 65amp unit which is more than twice what my seller was using.

But I'm getting 1/4 that amount.

When I turn the volume knob up you see the volts go up, then the amps, and when the knob gets about halfway turned it stops at 40 amps, then when I turn it to full output it stays at 40 amps.

Does anyone know why this is happening?

& BTW my electrolyte concentration is 4 tablespoons of 100% pure NAOH with 1 gallon distilled water

Thank you very much!

-Rob

ps. This is the model and what it said on the ebay listing -

Jetstream's JTPS75 high-quality power supply now offers the added benefit of automatic battery back up! Hook up your own 12 volt battery to the rear terminals and the JTPS75BCMMKII keeps it charged. In the event of a power failure, the battery is switched in automatically keeping your radio running without interruption!

Features:
75 amp surge, 65 amp continuous
10.25 lbs
9 7/8”w x 6”h x 9 1/2”d
Over current protection
Over voltage protection
Quiet internal cooling fan
Switchable input voltage 110VAC or 220VAC. Factory set to 110VAC
Output voltage: 4-16VDC
Ripple: less than 12mVp-p at rated load
Battery charge amps: Max 20 amps/20 seconds, 5 amp rate
Battery discharge amps: 60 amps max