Thread: Standard method of comparing reactor output

Standard method of comparing reactor output

I am using a common kit to produce HHO and am curious how it compares to other systems. I have calculated efficiency based on watts per liter per minute. With my current 48v system I am producing 15LPM at 45A giving me 144w per lpm. So far I havent found a better kit than the ones at DrFission.com but I am curious to see if anyone is getting a better result than 144w/lpm. Does anyone else use this method for calculating efficiency? Does anyone know of a reactor that can produce a liter per minute at less than 144w?

Quote Originally Posted by markquestion View Post
    I am using a common kit to produce HHO and am curious how it compares to other systems. I have calculated efficiency based on watts per liter per minute. With my current 48v system I am producing 15LPM at 45A giving me 144w per lpm. So far I havent found a better kit than the ones at DrFission.com but I am curious to see if anyone is getting a better result than 144w/lpm. Does anyone else use this method for calculating efficiency? Does anyone know of a reactor that can produce a liter per minute at less than 144w?
    One problem is the gas output can and does include a certain amount of water vapor. This can skew the calculations. Watt-minute per liter is a good measure of efficiency. And, reactors can produce greater volumes of output gas at lower wattage by adding energy to the electrolyte from outside sources.

Adding energy to the electrolyte? How can this be accomplished?

There are several ways.

Quote Originally Posted by markquestion View Post
    Adding energy to the electrolyte? How can this be accomplished?
    Some are under research such as light ( laser ). Others are in the realm of pseudo science such as magnetic or resonant fields. The most common one is simply temperature. I run my electrolyte at 80C to reduce the resistance of the mix and the needed over-voltage for adequate electrolysis. Of course you must run the generator under pressure to reduce or eliminate the liquid boiling and causing excess steam.

Yes, it didnt occur to me but output does increase once the system reaches operating temp.