Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Acetone, Xylene & Torco Gp7 Trifecta??

justruse Guest

The Acetone, Xylene & Torco Gp7 Trifecta??

HEllo Newbie here..

love the forums have gotten some good info here already..

Was wondering if anyone has used this (home brew) additive ALONG with their HHo system, & if so what were your results??

My setup is

98 honda civic
    1.6L 5-speed
    2cell water4Gas Electrolizers (not Elaborate, But simple First run with hho)
    Built & installed Map sensor Enhancer..( this works great )
    i try not to lean out too much in the city tho

before hho 38 MPG Combined City/Hwy
    after 1 Cell 42 Mpg " "
    after 2nd cell+Sensor enhancer 44.5 Mpg Combined
    This weekend will try an all hwy test see if i cant get 46+

But if anyone has experience with the additives It would be greatly appreciated..

also will the o2 Extender work with an OBD2

& thanks again for all the info i have previously scrounged for & found here, some of u guys have some NICE setups.. Ruse Out..

acetone

I plan to use acetone, just havent gotten around to it yet.

Ronjinsan Guest
    Dont...I have and its really not worth the worries. Acetone eats away at plastics of most types for a start! Do some research before you try it...anyway I didnt get any improvement from what id supposed to be an increase in octane basically!

gte Guest
    I tried acetone and I was very consistent with my experiment, it did not do anything. For the record, I used the good acetone.

justruse Guest
    Thanks for input on the acetone, think i'll steer clear of it..

but i still might try the xylene & gp7..
    From what ive read you can lean back the fuel a little further using these without the pinging or vibration..

i would still like to know if u can use the O2 Extender in an OBD2 Ecu, or will i have to use some electrical intervention.. The Efie is it??

Thx.. Ruse..

wydopnthrtl Guest
    Hello, (my first post here)

When it comes to acetone I have quite a bit of experience using it in 5 different cars.

I've found that on a carburated engine it is indeed worth the effort. But on modern electronic fuel injected engines it's not.

It does improve milage on FI cars/trucks. But only under a set of circumstances thats very narrow in scope. Basicly steady state low load situatuations. Otherwise, having used it for over 3 years now, the gains are not worth the effort & cost.

Regards,
    Rich

Acetone and Xylene are both very bad for plastics (I do a lot of industrial painting lol) and are VERY expensive. The gain of using these as additives, if any, would be minimal at best and is also much more expensive than gasoline per gallon.

Long Crapper Guest
    I've used Acetone many times in my '95 Nissan pickup. 1oz. per 5 gallons of gasoline. The first time I tried it I was getting very bad mileage, like 12 miles to the gallon. My mileage went up to around 26 miles to the gallon, best mileage I have ever gotten on this truck. I ran that tank almost empty when I filled up and added the Acetone again. This time the mileage went back down to around 17 or 18 miles a gallon and hasn't changed much since, even when I add Acetone. Since reading about Hydrogen and some people using devices to control their MAP/MAF sensors and O2 sensors, I've wondered if maybe these sensors were the reason my mileage went down. I'm gonna get one of these MAF enhancers and see if it makes a difference with Acetone, I'll need one anyway because I'm gonna build a hydrogen generator pretty soon.

donsimpson12 Guest
    The best mixture for Acetone is 3 ounces per every 10 gallons of gas...

It does work and the amount of acetone that your using shouldn't bother anything in this diluted state.

It does work a little btw... make sure you get pure acetone from a beauty supply store.. around 12 to 18 bucks per gallon.. A gallon will last you quite a while...

I have also tried it on my diesel and haven't found the right combination (Mixture) at all with it. I have heard that it can help diesels but not on my end at this point....

Try if with a 4 cylinder..

Also, if you look at the ingredients of some race fuel and fuel boosters, you'll find acetone as one of the ingredients.. hmmm..

Good luck with it...

Don

Dean88 Guest
    Acetone helped my 1987 F250 with a 460 go from 10 mpg to 11.5. Be sure to get exactly 3 oz to 10 gallons or else mileage will decrease. It may not give all motors a 15% increase in efficiency (I think it helped me that much because of the sheer quantity of gas being dumped into the motor), but it should help out anybody.

Diesels generally prefer a 2.5 oz to 10 gallon mix.