Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tacoma experience

Got a guy I work with waiting on me to put my next Gen into my Wrangler with EFIE before we put one on has '10 tacoma. Under his hood there is a TON of space on the passenger side. He has the v6. Not sure how the body styles change in regard to underhood space but there is plenty of room under an X-runners hood too.....

PS I and my Taco buddy are interested to hear more on peoples experience. So post up!

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by fu89 View Post
    Hey guys, I got my system installed and I made my trip from FL to NY. I started off with 2 liters of water to 1/2 tsp of baking soda, I had a complete melt down. Tried reducing the baking soda and I still can't get this thing to run any longer then 15 minutes before the 30A fuse blows. The unit started off as a 12 plate stainless steel disc type unit and now its a 6 plate plus all wiring is now 10ga wiring. I removed half of the plates thinking that it would reduce the resistence, thus reduce heat...No joy. I just wished a 20 mile trip with the booster on, the 30A didn't pop but the unit was extremely and bubbling at a very high rate. Does anyone have ANY suggestions? I would really like to get thing running...
    The reason for the melt down was because the generator got too hot. The hotter the generator gets, the more current it will want. Therefore if you have an unlimited/high powersupply or a high amperage source, it will take it in. Eventually, MELTDOWN.
    Which is why there is an important need for a pwm (Pulse Width Modulator). The PWM allows the electrical current to to be slowed so it doesn't overheat and provides a constant electrical current.
    I had the same thing happen to me when I first started down the HHO path. All I can say is keep learning! you'll get it.
    I'd suggest to get the HHO kit you ordered running outside your vehicle before fitting it in. That way no meltdown whilst drivin around.

Quote Originally Posted by HHOJeeper View Post
    Got a guy I work with waiting on me to put my next Gen into my Wrangler with EFIE before we put one on has '10 tacoma. Under his hood there is a TON of space on the passenger side. He has the v6. Not sure how the body styles change in regard to underhood space but there is plenty of room under an X-runners hood too.....

PS I and my Taco buddy are interested to hear more on peoples experience. So post up!
    I've been doing a LOT of research on HHO and just found a great kit for my 1st pass located from this guy.LINKY He's nice and knowledgable (Even won awards for his HHO work). The EFIEs he gets for each of his kits, come from yet another nice and knowledgable place. LINKY
    Eventually. I'll build my own kit (excluding the electrical components as I'm not good with soldering).
    The trick will be getting it all installed in my '03 2.7 Taco in an efficient manner.
    I installed a Yellow top Optima and 2 gauge wiring to make sure I have enough current. The kit should be coming today/tomorrow!
    I'll be posting alllll the details as no one else ever seems to lol.

Quote Originally Posted by fu89 View Post
    Hello guys, I'm a new user on the site and I'm happy to be here. I just ordered a HHO kit from a local guy here in central Florida and I'm installing it on a 2006 Toyota Tacoma with a 4.0L V-6. Does anybody have any input on a ballpark MPG increase I may see? I understand that all generator are different but this one is supposed to put out 1 liter a minute. Thanks in advance!
    Regarding the MPH:
    Don't get caught up in dreams an get disappointed if it's low. Often it will take some calibration. LOTSA patience!
    From what I've gathered thus far from people actually hooking it up, will get 10-30% improvement in mpg. but with gas going over $4. every little bit helps!
    Some folks on here are talkin about rigging up wet cells. Wet cells are very inefficient when compared to a dry cell. no more complicated to build. Infact I'd say it'd be easier to build a dry cell.
    My $.02