Thread: Best electrode

Best electrode

Has anyone tried using nickel or nickel alloy as an electrode? I am looking to purchase some bulk plate of either nickel or stainless, but wonder which is better. Both seem to be good against corrosion. Any input would be appreciated.
    2006 Ram, 5.9 cummins HO. 4 cell design, 1.5 LPM@30amp, 24.3 MPG

1973dodger Guest

Nickle

Stratous,

I am new to the forum and have been following your success with the HHO in the Cummins diesel, since I have an '05 Dodge Cummins. First to answer your question, I do know that higher grades of SS, such as 316L, have a higher % of Nickle, what i am not sure of is the conductivity level of Nickle as compared to other metals. From a point of veiw of rust, Nickle would be superior to SS. I would also think the magnetism would be less. Secondly, are you still having good success with your HHO in the Dodge? I am getting close to installing a HHO system in my Dodge. Any suggestions would be helpful.

1973dodger

Ronjinsan Guest
    Geeez I would love to try the nickel plate but its too expensive here. It should definately be the holy grail of HHO I would think!

rmptr Guest
    Caswellplating.com offers supplies & instructions.

Ronjinsan Guest
    Thanks Rmptr but I dont think they would supply me in South Africa! LOL

1973dodger Guest
    just my two cents worth, or should i say 5 cents worth. i'm not sure what percentage of nickle is in a nickle, but just for kicks, one could attach a couple of nickles as electrodes in a solution to see what kind of production is visible.(at least it would not cost much to try)

ELECTR0N3RD Guest
    i dont know i personally would stick to stainless. mostly because in plumbing anything generally anything that comes in contact with water is SS.