Quote Originally Posted by DaneDHorstead View Post
Stu;

There are a lot of missconceptions in this exploritory field of HHO....

As an example, some folks call the "cell" the entire electrode component, where others contend that the cell is actually the gap between plates...

Likewise, it is prettymuch agreed that the N plate is Neutral (also agreeable that, it could easilly be called U, for unconnected). I would agree with you, in respect that perhaps the U better describes the unconnected plates, as in fact once introduced to inducted currents, they essentially are not neutral, due to the EMF. Still, they are not connected to any pole plates, but do possess the anode, and cathode abilities (thus, they in effect, are not totally neutral)

In my explanation I mistakenly called the 2 a Neutral plate, when in fact it is the negative

My appologies, I made a typo, and didn't catch it (Im very good, at making typos).

As for the Negative cell plate reading "0", the entire circuit wouldn't work!

If you have absolutely no voltage out, you have no circuit, at all. In order to have a circuit, it must flow. If there is no current out, it is essentually bankrupt, and therefore nonexistant.

In life, we can actually get away with having nothing in the wallet, at least for a short time, as long as we avoid the bill collecter. But with a bank account, as well as an electrical circuit, once it hits a zero ballance, the account (and circuits) no longer exist.

But, even if you just had one cent, left in the account (and/or circuit), still exist.

In order to have a circuit, there must be at least a trickle of outbound current, or there is no completion of the electrical path (no circuit). And the whole device, will shut down.

As it is shown (given the correction that the 2 represents the negative connection, and not a neutral), 2 volts are gathered from each direction, making a combined 4 volts at that particular plate.

Another plate could be introduced, so there are two negatives, side by side, but they would still connect together, causing 4 volts total, at the negative terminal. Adding that particular plate, therefore is wasted material, and not needed.

If they don't connect together, there is no completed circuit for at least one of the sides (losing one entire bank of plates), and if a third plate is introduced between them, and the 2's actually do represent a Neutral (unconnected plates), then the end result is 0 voltage at the Negative, and again both circuits are bankrupt/lost, as there can be no flow, with absolutely no current present!
Measure the voltage on the negative terminal of your car battery.

Place one lead of your voltmeter on the - terminal.

Where will you place the other lead in order to measure the voltage?

BoyntonStu