Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Ice breaking

amwewa66 Guest

CAT Recycle

If the CAT has platinum in it is it in plates? If it is they can be used as the bests cell plates around.

Dean88 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by amwewa66 View Post
    If the CAT has platinum in it is it in plates? If it is they can be used as the bests cell plates around.
    Yes and no, The yes is that there is platinum in it, the no is the three cats I have gutted (.5 -1.5 mpg increase) they all had a white cheramic looking stuff in them. But the receclyer I sold my cat to said they crush the ceramic and soak the powder in some kind of acid and it eats the ceramic and so all that is left is a bit of platinum. Now there isn't very much in a single cat. The older ones had up to 1/4 of an ounce and the newer ones much less.
    (Don't count my word as scripture, this is all info that I was told by the receclyer so he may have just fed me a bunch of crap)

volomike Guest

Ice Breaking

I am Mike. I live near Myrtle Beach and work out of my home as a PHP/MySQL web developer. When you become a freelancer instead of working in a cubicle, you begin to think more about your debt to earnings ratio and your cash flow, and begin to think about what an excellent life you could have if you didn't have to pay so many bills or could get things cheaper. So this led me to think about HHO Generation.

My father-in-law, George, and I are working out our first HHO generator. We built the Power Tube Kit as shown on YouTube but with a few exceptions. It's working quite well, but we're experiencing some heat and some burned out 25amp fuses at this point. I think it's a few problems so far: too much baking soda, we're not using a pulse wave modulator, we're using aluminum instead of stainless steel for the positively charged shield around the electrolyzer, we're not using a relay, and we've got some of the wiring running at too small of a gauge.

So, any advice is welcome.

need more information about your cell design, but it sounds like you have already answered your own question. Baking Soda is not as good as NaOH or KOH. Aluminum oxodizes to rapidly and will not work with the above mentioned chemicals.
    2006 Ram, 5.9 cummins HO. 4 cell design, 1.5 LPM@30amp, 24.3 MPG

volomike Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratous View Post
    Baking Soda is not as good as NaOH or KOH. Aluminum oxodizes too rapidly and will not work with the above mentioned chemicals.
    Had to Google on those chemistry symbols. Never took chemistry before. That translates to Lye and Potash. Thanks for that -- didn't know it. I hear most people using Baking Soda on the web, and a few using 100% Vinegar.

Ronjinsan Guest
    Eventually you will try lye and find out that the disadvantage is handling the stuff but the advantages are less heat and better production!

volomike Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronjinsan View Post
    Eventually you will try lye and find out that the disadvantage is handling the stuff but the advantages are less heat and better production!
    Sounds like a bad day for the guy who uses lye and his bubbler or electrolyzer explodes for some reason. You then not only have HHO to worry about -- but a lye burn.

So we're going to go with potash. To me it doesn't seem like HHO production is that hard to do -- it's the control of everything else that is the largest issue, such as overheating, melting, shorting out, and the tremendous vacuum of the engine.

howtomakeitwork Guest

Smile new here- hello everyone :)

hello everyone, I have been looking for a forum to join about hho systems and was happy to find this one.
    We made our own system, and installed it on our jeep, only to find we are getting worse gas millage. So, that is why ibegan looking for forums, maybe figure out what we did wrong. A buddy of ours hooked one up to his 2006 NIssan quest FAMILY van, and wired it into his computer by accident, well $2500 later realized you have to wire the system into its own fuse. Lesson learned.

Quote Originally Posted by howtomakeitwork View Post
    hello everyone, I have been looking for a forum to join about hho systems and was happy to find this one.
    We made our own system, and installed it on our jeep, only to find we are getting worse gas millage. So, that is why ibegan looking for forums, maybe figure out what we did wrong. A buddy of ours hooked one up to his 2006 NIssan quest FAMILY van, and wired it into his computer by accident, well $2500 later realized you have to wire the system into its own fuse. Lesson learned.
    Welcome to the group, I am sure there is enough knowledge floating around here to solve your problems. You are not the first person I have heard of the has gotten worse MPG with the HHO system installed. Its not a normal occurance. As for your buddy, OMG what an expensive mistake!!!
    2006 Ram, 5.9 cummins HO. 4 cell design, 1.5 LPM@30amp, 24.3 MPG

Wako216 Guest

Greetings

hey guys just wanted to say hi, i recently got into hho cells and actually bought one off ebay to see what the fuss was all about, well me being a tool and die maker of course i was appalled by the quality of it, just some light switch plates held together by two 1/4 20 bolts in a pvc pipe, now i was salty at first feeling ripped off but then i realized this was a start, a way for me to make something better and then sell the inferior product to my friend and the whole cycle would begin again, so i come to your community humbled and wide eyed searching for knowledge, my project car is a 1992 olds mini van (the shuttle as i have come to know it) with a 3.8 l v6 in it it currently gets about 15mpgs. my goal is 25 and my dream is 30. my biggest concern right now is finding a proper canister or "box" for my cell is the 4" pvc a good way to go? I was thinking its definetly the easiest and also my other concern is living in cleveland what can i do about freezing, i have read some other threads on here that talked about warping the unit but this isnt really practical when its -20 and you have a kid and bags to bring in or when your running late for work, I know its a problem we all share but any input would be helpful, oh and if i do the 02 sensor mod (matching the voltage to pre hho levels) do i still have to do the maf mod? ive basically decided on a -nn+nn-nn+nn- setup but not sure on how many cells yet. k well i have to go like i said just wanted to say hi and throw those two things out there, please comment i look forward to learning and sharing with you guys and who knows maybe some day well all be rich lo, and if any of you are around cleveland area and need some machining done hit me up.