Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The GTE HHO Experiment

gte Guest

The GTE HHO Experiment

So it started tonight ...

I ran to walmart, got 3 containers, 4.9L, 2.8L and 1.5L.

The large one is the electrolyte solution container, the 2nd largest is the fluid measurement transfer container where the water originates, the 3rd largest is the fluid measurement transfer container where the water will end up, so I can see how long it takes the HHO to displace a liter of water.

Here are some videos of my first few experiments, I have 4 plates that are 2.5 x 5", with a 1.6mm nylon washer acting as a spacer in between each plate. It gets 13.8 to 14 volts via 10gauge wiring, 2 aligator clamps and a battery charger. I may get a battery at some point, but I don't have an extra at the moment.

This video is just with straight stream water (which I figure is the same as rain water) and nothing added to it

http://www.zippyvideos.com/2722386727642166/mov00328/

This video is with 1 gallon of stream water, mixed with 1/8 of a cup of table salt
    http://www.zippyvideos.com/1988427027642156/mov00329/

And finally, here is the HHO bubbling out, I believe that my container had some leaks, so I may be able to get it to bubble even better, but how does this look for production, anyone?

http://www.zippyvideos.com/5270880677642186/mov00330/

Once I get the other containers/hoses to seal properly, I'll then time how long it takes to displace a liter of water from the 2nd largest container to the 3rd largest container.

videos

The videos will not play for me, not sure if I am doing something wrong, or the videos didnt load.
    2006 Ram, 5.9 cummins HO. 4 cell design, 1.5 LPM@30amp, 24.3 MPG

bagrman Guest

Testing and salt

GTE

Don't use salt. it produces chlorine gas. Baking soda is cheap and safe 1 tsp per gallon of water.

Most every one measures the production in liters/per minute. Take a empty liter water bottle and fill it with water and invert it in your water container. then just slip the hose from your generator into the bottle and time how long it takes to empty the bottle.

Latr
    bagrman

PS NO SALT

gte Guest
    Will do, I will nix the salt then

Today I'm going to the grocery store to get some distilled water and some baking soda and I'm hoping my containers have sealed better, due to the silicone drying around the seals I have made.

I'll probably get a water spray bottle as well, and tonight ... IT'S ON!

Smith03Jetta Guest
    GTE? I can't see your videos because of my employer's firewall. What kind of car do you have? Vauxhall GTE, Astra GTE, Toyota GTE, Reliant GTE, Ferrari 250 GTE, Cougar XR7 GTE, Audi GTE, Opel Kadett GTE, Lamborghini Espada 400 GTE, or Bradley GTE?

If you are driving a Bradley GTE, you have nothing to worry about with Gas Mileage. It's already an electric.

Mr. Smith

gte Guest
    Hi Mr. Smith

I actually can't see my videos because of the damn work firewall either

I have 2 toyota GTE's, but in this particular case and vehicle it's a 2zzge engine in a Corolla XRS. It may become a gte like my other gte engines, but in the mean time it will stay ge .

I've ordered some more plates, and I plan to do something different this time. I think my design will be like this
    -+- -+- -+-

I figure if there are 2 hydrogen molecules that are positively charged and therefore magnetically attracted to the negative plates (even though they are physically smaller then the oxygen molecule) that I should have a 2:1 ratio of plates as well? We'll see how it goes

Also, what do you think of something like this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/MASTECH-VARIABLE...QQcmdZViewItem

0-30V and 0-50A, all fully and independently adjustable

Quote Originally Posted by Smith03Jetta View Post
    GTE? I can't see your videos because of my employer's firewall. What kind of car do you have? Vauxhall GTE, Astra GTE, Toyota GTE, Reliant GTE, Ferrari 250 GTE, Cougar XR7 GTE, Audi GTE, Opel Kadett GTE, Lamborghini Espada 400 GTE, or Bradley GTE?

If you are driving a Bradley GTE, you have nothing to worry about with Gas Mileage. It's already an electric.

Mr. Smith

gte Guest
    Well I can report back that baking soda and distilled water are hovering right around worthless, I made far more gases with stream water and an 1/8th of a cup of table salt, so back to table salt or something else ... I'm quite surprised and disappointed at the nothing that came out? I think I could make more liters of hydrogen per hour, by eating mexican a lot.

Production

How much baking soda did you use? Most people use 1 to 2 table spoons. I personally dont like baking soda, I use sodium hydroxide. AKA caustic soda or lye. I use 1/2 tea spoon per gallon of water. Salt is bad to use, it produces chlorine gas which is very bad for soft metals like aluminum. Dry chlorine gas will react with aluminum to produce Aluminum chloride which is hazardous.

gte Guest
    Baking soda is absolutely worthless. I tried 1 tablespoon, and then added another, didn't get jack either way.

Can you get lye at Home Depot or Walmart?

I definitely smelled like a pool in my garage, haha!

Quote Originally Posted by Stratous View Post
    How much baking soda did you use? Most people use 1 to 2 table spoons. I personally dont like baking soda, I use sodium hydroxide. AKA caustic soda or lye. I use 1/2 tea spoon per gallon of water. Salt is bad to use, it produces chlorine gas which is very bad for soft metals like aluminum. Dry chlorine gas will react with aluminum to produce Aluminum chloride which is hazardous.

sodium hydroxide

Yes, it is the ingrediant in a product made by roebic called crystal drain opener. It is 100% sodium hydroxide.