Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The GTE HHO Experiment

Ronjinsan Guest

Leaks

Hi GTE

I read your posts with interest, something aint right! If as you say your plate array is -+- -+- -+- does that mean that you have 3 cells with 3 plates per cell seperately? Or one cell ie? -+--+--+-? What plate gap are you using? How much water is in the container or 3 containers? A simple -+- plate arrangement with a gap of lets say 2mm between the plates and the amount of soda you say you used, should literally explode into bubble production as you are not using any neutral plates! I have done the experiment before using -+- in many formats and without neutral plates the amperage draw was colossal. Heat runaway was very quick. Maybe I missed something on one of you posts? Try and stick with baking soda in your experimantal stage....really it works! Are you sure you have ALL the leaks sealed? Cheers

gte Guest
    Ron

I tried a couple of different configurations

With the salt and stream water, I had a 1.64mm gap (I MICed my nylon washers, so that's very exact) and I had a plate config of

+NN- and I made a decent amount of gas. I didn't even measure yet, I was just using my eye to watch the frequency and diameter of the bubbles

Last night, I tried

+NN-
    +N-
    +N--

And as I said before, taco's and my butt could have produced more gas than that thing was making

My suggested (pure speculation) config of -+- -+- -+- or -+-N-+-N-+- was only suggested because the hydrogen atoms are positively charged and are drawn to the - plates, and it's H20 meaning there are twice as many hydrogen atoms to each oxygen atom, so it makes sense to exploit both of those things and have more negative plates ... this also might be why the tubing is successful, if you use the outer tube and make it negatively charged ... what do you think?

On a side note, I did get my tig welder up and running last night! I bought some stuff for it today, so I'll start welding stainless tabs to my plates to make things a bit easier

I have read your posts on here and respect your opinion/experience. I will try the simple config you suggested this weekend, and I will have a gallon of distilled with 1.5 tablespoons of baking soda. I video it and show you exactly what I am seeing. Anything else you want, water temp, voltage (my ammeter has not came in yet, but it'll be a max of 40 amps) or anything, let me know and I'll document it all for the video.

bagrman Guest
    Stratus What kind of milage increases did you get from you set-up.

GTE The stream water alone should have enough minerals in it to get you plenty of gas. The best to use is rain water.
    I only use 1tsp of baking soda in a gallon.
    If your not getting gas with 2 tbls then change your plate set up.
    What is your gap? Try +nnnnn- and see if you increase production.
    I had read that if you pickle your cell in a lye solution for an hour, it will clean them up to where you can use just water with no additive.

Latr

MPG increase

I saw an increase of 6mpg. I went from 17 to 23.2.
    2006 Ram, 5.9 cummins HO. 4 cell design, 1.5 LPM@30amp, 24.3 MPG

gte Guest
    Ok, I went to Lowes and got some lye today

My design only made 1L per 6 minutes, but I do like the sodium hydroxide much better.

Each one of these containers cost $8 dollars. I snapped a pic, because no one in the store knew where to find them, and I wanted to make it easier on others. I found them in the plumbing section by the way.

Lowes part number 146450 2@7.66 = $15.32 plus tax

Also, here is a video of what a whopping 1L per 6 minutes looks like, bubbling in water

http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=5nrozl&s=3

Let me know what you all think!

Ronjinsan Guest
    Hi GTE ..... do me a favour, pick the whole thing up while its running and hold it underwater! I dont trust soft plastic for containers, every one I have tried leaked miserably and was not worth the effort. If you have a good plate setup as you say you have and the electrolyte is correct then you MUST get results! If not something else is wrong.....

gte Guest
    Ron,

I'll keep experimenting, I'm not pressed about this. I'll keep testing new containers, I do know that my plastic container is leaking and I want to change my plates around to see what happens.

I thought it was pretty wild how some of the mixture would read +3 to 5v and if I moved my multimeter around, it would then read in the negative.

Ronjinsan Guest
    Yeah cool but still interesting...you should see some of the leaks I've had. Bash my head on the wall for days only to find I missed a small leak......did it again yesterday but a bit wiser these days Lol

gte Guest
    I was using silicone to seal to the plastic, but it doesn't seal very well, so I'm going to find a different container, and find a different sealant (maybe some sort of bonding epoxy, to see exactly what works best.

Then I start playing with plate configuration

Quote Originally Posted by Ronjinsan View Post
    Yeah cool but still interesting...you should see some of the leaks I've had. Bash my head on the wall for days only to find I missed a small leak......did it again yesterday but a bit wiser these days Lol

Ronjinsan Guest
    Yeah the silcone just peels off and doesnt stick nicely to some plastics....I found the best way, is to make rubber gaskets wherever possible so that there is no adhesives involved. I havent found a glue that works well for long periods yet! Cheers