Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Maintain current

stevo11 Guest
    PCB123 is a free download software for layout.

Stevo

galkaen Guest

PCB Layout

Hi all!
    How can I upload a PCB file of ridelong's pwm so you all can use it? I tried attaching it but it didn't worked.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by galkaen View Post
    Hi all!
    How can I upload a PCB file of ridelong's pwm so you all can use it? I tried attaching it but it didn't worked.

galkaen,
    if you could email it to me I may be able to understand how to assemble this thing.

I don't know where the 49.9 K goes to if the 10 meg goes to the # 5 and #2 pins.

besides that i am just guessing as to the assembly.

dzndlideas@aol.com

galkaen Guest

PCB Layout

h2ocommuter,

You will need express PCB to open it but i'm working on a .bmp version of the schematic too, and as soon as i learn how to post it; i will. I will send you the file also. Remember; I have not tried this yet! If you find it to work please post it and let us know.

This is the file:

http://www.hhoforums.com/attachment....1&d=1224341956

stevo11 Guest
    Ty for the schematic Galkaen. I can see where the +&- (cell+ and cell-)are going to the cell, I also see where the - is coming into the board (-12vdc). My question is where is the posative coming in?

Stevo

Nice layout

galkaen,

Nice layout. A few comments.

1 Add "+" to the 12vdc label to make it clear.

2 The 20k near the 12 volt zener is 20 ohm.

3 The .01 ohm 25w is way larger and gets hot so it should be elevated off the board.

4 The power section should be beefed up to handle 30 amps. Place overlapping .300 pads so the power components tie together in a big solder puddle. Do this for +12vdc and Cell+, Cell- and d of the fet, s of the fet and .10 25w, .01 25w and -12vdc

5 If you use the heatsink in the bill of materials, you might add some mounting holes for it.

galkaen Guest

PCB Layout in proccess

Hi ridelong!

Redid the whole thing! Thanks for the advice. Here's the new layout. As for the heatsink holes i will put them in if you give me the specs. I was planning on bending the fet and using a top mounted heatsink or an aluminum case. Thank you again!

Also, stevo11: This is not my schematic. It is Ridelong's work. I only made the PCB Layout. The credit goes to him.

Thanks everybody for making this a great forum!

Galkaen

how about something hi-res? at least 4x as big and clear.
    1982 MB 300D Turbo Diesel 90%WVO/10%RUG + additives blend. $.50/gal
    don't know what MPG is, probly low 20s

galkaen,

The power section looks nice.

The current sense resistor is .550 inch thick, and the soldering holes are
    .080 inch diameter, spaced 1.680 inch.

The heatsink is an AAVID THERMALLOY p/n 531302B02500G. It is Digi Key p/n HS386-nd.

Atm0spher Guest
    so let me know if you accidently build an extra one. i would buy it from ya you know to help you out. good work guys.... i think. i see all the squiggly and stuff but where do all the components go? just kidding.......... so how do they work?