Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Maintain current

Jaxom Guest
    Resago if you decide to build on of these let me know. I have most of the components handy.

cool. When I get the cell tuned I'll let you know.
    1982 MB 300D Turbo Diesel 90%WVO/10%RUG + additives blend. $.50/gal
    don't know what MPG is, probly low 20s

galkaen Guest

PCB Layout in proccess

Quote Originally Posted by resago View Post
    how about something hi-res? at least 4x as big and clear.
    Hi Resago;

Display your email and i will send you the .pcb file which is scalable and has more detail.

Galkaen.

stevo11 Guest
    Heya all,
    I am just waiting on PCB board before i do this. My local radio shack did not have any if you can believe that. After searching for hours for the parts to put this together I thought i found some good sites for some of the items. here goes cooling fan w/ heatsink .79 cents I am gonna connect that the fet. I also got some DC amp and voltage meters. you can get some cheeper at Harbor freight but I kinda like these better for a couple of bucks extra. Hope this will help anyone looking for these parts.

Stevo

stevo11 Guest
    Heya All,
    I have a few quick questions about the layout of this board.

1. .01F (upper left side) I believe is 1460PH-ND it is like a ceramic disk. which side is the + or -? If I look at the disk side with the letters is it the right side + ?

2. on the lower right side above 12vdc is 135. does part # cmf133qfct-nd go there?

Stevo

stevo11,

The .01 ceramic capacitor has no polarity, it works either way.

Yes, the cmf133qfct resistor goes in the lower right marked 135.

ridelong,
    I am building my first pwm and I am double guesing what I see on the pcb layout. It seems to contradict what you had written on your original drawing and the one #2 the program design; where both of them call for the #2 pin to be connected to the middle post on the mosfet. is this somthing that is insignificant of an error I must ignor to get this built right?

stevo11 Guest
    Pwm is complete. I had one sheet of photographic printing paper and wouldnt you know I forgot to mirror the image. I triead a bunch of times to print the mirrored image on what was left of the sheet but my printer would not take it (paper Jam). I assembled it anyway having to flip the board upside down backwards to align parts to the proper diagram. I posted pics of what I used to etche and my pwm.

For those who want to etche a board but can not find the ferric chloride like me here is a link for an alternative. Ferric Chloride alternative

Stevo

galkaen Guest

Layout

Hi stevo

Did it worked fine? Im looking at the pics and i think is not gonna work like that because the pins don't match.
    Let me know. Im working to make an updated version and will like to know if it overheats, so i can put thicker traces.

stevo11 Guest
    Hope this helps. when I printed the board i forgot to mirror it. so I had to assemble it backwards. here is a pic of it from the back. does the backside of the fet (metal part) need to face CELL- or 24.9K?

Stevo