Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Maintain current

I don't think he has posted his temp control circuit as of yet. Just the current feedback PWM.
    --
    Some days I get the sinking feeling that Orwell was an optimist!

Temp probe

h2ocommuter,

I Haven't posted the temperature feedback pwm schematic.

The schematic on this thread is current feedback, and will hold a set current regardless of what the load does. The potentiometer in the schematic will allow a setpoint from 3 to 30 amps to be dialed in.

The temperature feeedback pwm isn't done yet. I have the temperature to the gen controller part done, but I still have to do the low temp heater circuit.

When I finish it, I'll post it on the temperature feedback pwm thread.

HHO King Guest

30 Amp Heavy Duty Pulse Width Modulator-PWM with Gauge!

Take a look at this one. I think it runs at a fixed frequency but for most it would work perfectly. The link is here: http://www.extremehho.com

I built one similar with an led gauge instead of the analog, but now i'm questioning that decision. It fluctuates too much.

What is the optimum frequency to split water?

ZeroFossilFuel has an interesting theory on the subject...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKjUzsNj8NM
    --
    Some days I get the sinking feeling that Orwell was an optimist!

ridelong,
    Throughout my searching I have finally found kevin west and he has duplicated Stanley Meyers System; he has many pionts that we could all learn what will produce huge amounts of gas at very low amperage.

he has rewired the alternator winding in such away as to get 600 wats of energy and pulses it with a truely simple pwm and then squeses it down with some microwave oven capacitors, with result of a Tidal Wave sign form and puts it through the electrolizer with plain distilled water and bang nearly excactly like (if not) like Stanley Meyers.

This guy has produced the jewel.

http://blog.waterforfuel.com/

I won't dis this guy because he is a doer but, I think he is going to run into the heat controle factor and then will have to revamp things if he is going to actually duplicate SM work. Other factors are in play that he is ignoring. So it looks like he is on the right track but he may be going to cleveland befor he gets to seattle. The guy has some real nice ideas.

I screwed up

All,
    The schematic I posted has a mistake.

I built one for somebody and started testing about an hour ago. It started to get hot, and the scope showed screwy waveforms, not clean squarewaves like previously.

The mistake is the 10 meg resistor. It should connect to pin 2, and the other side to pin 5.

Sorry for the screwup.

Jaxom Guest
    Directly to pin 5, instead of through the 49.9K?

screw up

Jaxom,

Exactly. Right to the comparator pin 5.

The 10 meg acts as hysteresis, squaring the output. With it on the
    49.9k, it didn't supply any hysteresis, and the waveform was all over the place, making the fet run in linear mode, and FRYING HOT.

Bet that's why Kevins garage melted the solder on his prototype.

Sorry again for any problems I caused.

HHO King,
    When we are splitting H and O with electrolisys the covolent bond is being overcome by the magnitism of the water molicule sticking to the electrodes and that sticking is not using a frequency value in my opinion.
    When we use a frequency to dissaciate H and O using frequency we are using a catistofic break down of the covelent bond of the molicule not touching the electrodes.

http://blog.waterforfuel.com/ has a lot of experience at these processes but I am not sure where I read this from some patent somewhere maybe.

Jaxom Guest
    Digi-Key kills me. I finally got a chance to get my order together for the parts for this thing, and most of the resistors can't be bought in quantities of less than a thousand. I just don't need $561 worth of 1K, 24.9K, and 49.9K resistors. You also can't get fewer than 10 of the zeners or caps.

Since I'm setting the circuit up with a 5v input in place of the voltage divider network, can I drop the zener and 135ohm from the circuit? Or are they still needed for another reason (like to stabilize the voltage to the IC?)