Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Maintain current

PWM current control

BIGGUN,

What is different from others is I want to maintain a set current under varying conditions. I don't care about the frequency or pulse width, the feedback loop will adjust the pwm to stay at the set current.

Jaxom Guest
    This is a great idea. It's fairly well established that HHO production is a function of current flow. Steady current flow regardless of temperature/electrolyte/etc. will do a LOT to help isolate the effects of the other factors that affect a cell's output.

pwm for I control

I just had another idea. Instead of using current feedback, which is good, why not use the generator temperature to set the pwm. Temperature feedback. This would drive the gen as hard as possible until the gen comes up to set temperature. I'm thinking an LM335 would be a great temperature feedback element. I have used them a few times, and they work great. Haven't figured out how to couple the LM335 with the electrolyte solution to get good temp data.

I want to ger the current feedback done first, then play with temp feedback.

Ordered the stuff to build the current feedback today. Should be done in about a week.

sp1r0 Guest
    Temp is a function of current, probably wouldn't see much difference in overall performance between the two systems. Just my 2c...

current feedback pwm

Just finished prototyping (kinda) the current feedback pwm. Don't have the fet or the current sense resistor yet (probably get tomorrow), so I faked out some feedback stuff. Using the scope, looks like it works. Will post again when it really works.

Atechguy Guest

pwm kits.

HI! there , are you guys making these as kit or to be sold if they are quality protype, i have the skills to put one together just no good at designing a stable product.

GOplayer Guest

Question Common Sense Questions

Common Sense Questions
    1: What would the name be of a device that sends DC to multiple targets but one at a time and alternating its delivery point at a high speed? (Would the result be the same at the HOD Generator as if a PWM is used? (In old cars we had a high voltage power distributor rotating to power the sparkplugs. Along this line but using modern electrical circuitry without mechanical components, what kind of switch can do this type of work?)
    2: What is the list of attributes we know thus far that positively affects the electrolysis when it comes to applied electricity to the HOD Generator? (What is the most effective electrolysis process documented and what type of an electrical current controllers they use?)
    Once we know the answers to these questions, a better focused research can be applied. I say this because so many solution providers are out there who put together PWMs and people are buying them but use them effectively…I do not find definitive reports thus far. Perhaps you can direct my research to such site where PWM are conclusively showing a significant increase in HHO production? Also I’d like to know how is a multi HOD Gen. setup is being powered up and is there a PMW or some other kind of switch that is used and how?
    Z

Kit

Atechguy,

I thought a current feedback pwm would be a popular thing, and offered to design one.

When I finish it, I am going to make the schematic available. I don't know how to post a picture yet.

I will post a parts list also.

Atechguy Guest

PWM Current feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by ridelong View Post
    Atechguy,

I thought a current feedback pwm would be a popular thing, and offered to design one.

When I finish it, I am going to make the schematic available. I don't know how to post a picture yet.

I will post a parts list also.
    Thats MARVELOUS!! , i need more control of amperage.Thanks Ridelong.

current feedback pwm

Got my parts today, minus the current sense resistors.

Used parts from my junk drawers to make a sense resistor close to what I ordered.

Fired the prototype current feedback pwm up about an hour ago.

Sucker works GREAT. Current stays dead on. Been running for about !/2 hour in the basement, will check it after this post.

I am using a 1 x 2 inch heatsink on the TO220 fet. Running at 6.5 amps, after 20 minutes, fet is barely warm. The jumper clips are hotter than the fet.

Will have to do some high current runs, but I don't have my hho stuff set up to run much more than 8-10 amps.