Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Programable ECU ?

sandracer Guest

Programable ECU ?

O.K. electronics gurus, I have a Hondata modified ECU in my Acura (K-Pro). I am fairly new to this system, but it is infinitely adjustable. Will I still need a EFEI???
    Link to Hondata K-Pro........................http://hondata.com/kpro.html

Thanks, Lee

Eddie Guest
    I do not know, I also want to find the protocol to comm. with the ECU. The CU should have a std. call OBDII, but don't know if you can re-program it.

Eddie

Arrow

purchase a OBD2 to OBD1 Convertion cable and a OBD1 MODDED ECU or USED ECU and a Chip for $10 and do it yourself, soft avaliable for free to adjust your air/fule ratio

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by sandracer View Post
    O.K. electronics gurus, I have a Hondata modified ECU in my Acura (K-Pro). I am fairly new to this system, but it is infinitely adjustable. Will I still need a EFEI???
    Link to Hondata K-Pro........................http://hondata.com/kpro.html

Thanks, Lee
    You dont need EFEI, soft avaliable FREE works with laptop connect to your ECU and adjust air/fule ratio LIVE - refering to integra with obd1 ecu if you have an RSX the equipment is too expensive to custom tune your ECU last i knew it was $1500, search tunner world ask around google and or forum tunner that pimp their rides and mod their ECUs, racing etc...

Smile

for RSX

AEM EMS ENGINE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM ECU 02-04 ACURA RSX

AEM's Plug & Play Engine Management System (EMS) are for racing vehicles and plug directly into a vehicle's factory ECU harness and requires no additional wiring or hardware. Windows™ compatible software (2000, XP, NT, 98, 95, ME) makes the task of copying, viewing and manipulating data as simple as a click of the mouse. An integrated tuning wizard allows users to create a base map specifically for a car’s configuration, regardless of what type of injectors, sensors, coils or other changes have been made. The AEM EMS's infinitely adjustable software allows tuners to program virtually any combination of engine control, power adders and auxiliary devices, and accurately delivers proper amounts of fuel and correct ignition timing for any boost level or operating condition.

ebay google search

up to $2k

better off with an integra

do you know if anyone has figured out the systems w/4 wire afr's like the 3.4L v6 in the toy pre-runners ? seemed like this system was not solveable.
    last time I was reading this forum all sorts of folks had the issue and couldnt find ,make a fix for it, news sinceanyone? thanx!

I would be more then happy to be a mod and help cut the spammers down.
    The way I see it, if you're gonna build a time machine into a car, why not do it with some style?
    www.hhounderground.com

Chaging ECU's with laptop tuners

I've been reading for the last 6 months in whatever time I have about using these laptop tuners to make mods to the ECU for HHO use. I know that the timing has to be retarded because of the fame speed of hydrogen, but it's not like the old days of turning the distributor to acheve your results. Engine load changes constantly, engine temp effects timing, intake air temp an a hoast of other things have to be monatured and or changed. Temp is a big one, the ECU will dump gas into the air stream to cool a hot engine. Running HHO wll make the engine run hotter and if you reduce the gasoline at the same time you could do a lot of damage internally or fry your cats.

I'm not saying it can't be done, I think it can, but, there are a lot of things to take into account before one cuts back on gas.

EFFIes aren't needed O2 readings can be adjusted easly

Timing can be changed but knock sensors have to coinside with them, knock is the worst thing for an engine, besides sand.

Using a vaporizer in moderation will cool the burn but to much robs space for both fuels.

Idealy a dry cell will vary it's HHO output, not much is needed at idle and much more is needed WOT. Remember HHO is a gasoline enhancer not the primary fuel.

Any engine has to be in closed loop (hot) before these ECU mods take effect.

THERE MUST BE A FEW PROFESSIONAL ENGINE TUNERS OUT HERE PLESE SPEAK UP, WE NEEN MORE INPUT, Thanks
    If you can read this, Thank a Teacher!! If you can read this in English, Thank a Soldier!!
    "A Veteran is someone who, at some point in his or her life, wrote out a blank check, payable to the United States of America, for an amount up to and including his life."

my setup

Quote Originally Posted by Boltazar View Post
    I've been reading for the last 6 months in whatever time I have about using these laptop tuners to make mods to the ECU for HHO use. I know that the timing has to be retarded because of the fame speed of hydrogen, but it's not like the old days of turning the distributor to acheve your results. Engine load changes constantly, engine temp effects timing, intake air temp an a hoast of other things have to be monatured and or changed. Temp is a big one, the ECU will dump gas into the air stream to cool a hot engine. Running HHO wll make the engine run hotter and if you reduce the gasoline at the same time you could do a lot of damage internally or fry your cats.

I'm not saying it can't be done, I think it can, but, there are a lot of things to take into account before one cuts back on gas.

EFFIes aren't needed O2 readings can be adjusted easly

Timing can be changed but knock sensors have to coinside with them, knock is the worst thing for an engine, besides sand.

Using a vaporizer in moderation will cool the burn but to much robs space for both fuels.

Idealy a dry cell will vary it's HHO output, not much is needed at idle and much more is needed WOT. Remember HHO is a gasoline enhancer not the primary fuel.

Any engine has to be in closed loop (hot) before these ECU mods take effect.

THERE MUST BE A FEW PROFESSIONAL ENGINE TUNERS OUT HERE PLESE SPEAK UP, WE NEEN MORE INPUT, Thanks

i have an installer who is going to be installing on cars for me and he tunes the ecu. in my opinion it has to be the best way to directly tune and mod for the hydrogen. i was actually reading about using the apexi afc. which i have in my 240sx with an sr20det swap, so the turbo would be a huge help as well and i was also trying to talk with him about a performance application like a switch or something. i was going to use a dry cell havent decided on a distributor yet.

as for the ecu tuning im also getting a truck that he was going to tune directly without an apexi efc. he was going to use some resistors probably off of the 02 sensor and some kind of electrical control box that he was going to hide in the dash. in a 4x4 truck i was looking at 35mpg. he said most of the time obd1 computers could only use resistors and possibly may not need anything else.

most ecus of cars with obd2 mostly 98 and up some foreign cars were before that i think. but they self check constanly and the electrical control box waits about 5 min till the new tuning setting will take effect and then the hydrogen is being pumped in. with some obd 2 cars you have to have a key code to get in there so your need to buy the key from the manufacturer some are around a $100. he is using scan tools and a mod to adapt it to his computer. some cars ecus are so hard programed that they wont take to the new settings so they wont get as good of gas mileage. im not sure if that would bring any harm to your engine if it doesnt take the settings either.

in addition to the dry cell and ecu tuning resistors and an electrical control box he is also installing a fuel warmer so that the fuel will be super heated it turns into a gas before it enters the chamber wich is more combustible than a liquid. a match will blow up gas fumes before the wet fuel.

but i havent started installing yet on my vehicles yet im still researching.

mtrhd440

ECU reprograming is definatly the best option. As far as retarding the timing, it makes sense in a scientific sort of way. Have you ever tried advancing timing in the cruise range w/HHO? I have gotten pos results by doing this. Think about it, what car ever became more efficient by retarding the timing. Of course HHO speeds up the burn, but by less mili-seconds than a timing adjustment. As far as Toyota/Honda AFR's, they can be adjusted by using resistors. These do like a timing retard, I have 8 on the road w/ 100-150% increases in mpg.