Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Vacuum based unit

mario brito Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyntonStu View Post
    Is that another person's car?

I think that it wonderful that you have such great success in improving your MPG by more than 20% by just adding Hydroxy.

Please give us all the cell and MPG testing details.

We are all envious of your progress.

BoyntonStu
    i can only assume that you're calling me a liar. and i will not admit that !

don't get me digging some posts where you talk about HHO cell's that you have build before and suddently today we have picture of a rock sealing you cell...

and i'll give you more, not only i got from 100-105 Km to 120-126 km with the same fuel amount, i got that with only 100ml/minute !

the car, as i said before, is a Renault Clio 1996 Oasis 1.2L V4 petrol 60HP with around 200.000 KM.

Stock : 7 L / 100-105 KM
    With HHO 100ml / minute : 7 L / 120-126 KM
    Fuel amount every gas fill up : 7 Liters ( 10 Euros )
    Fuel : petrol 95 octanes.
    Driving : mostly city.
    Shift : 5-speed manual
    Normal RPM : 2000-3500 ( usually around 2500 )
    Normal Speed : 60 - 100 Km/Hour
    Power Change : can't tell any difference, so i'll assume none.
    Intake Point : just before butterfly, after some sensors in the air intake.
    Test Time : a few weeks.
    number of gas fill's up : around 10

do you want the car's color also ? white.

now, get your rock back to your garden, build a decent cell, test it, and stop being an ass !

1973dodger Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mario brito View Post
    i can only assume that you're calling me a liar. and i will not admit that !

don't get me digging some posts where you talk about HHO cell's that you have build before and suddently today we have picture of a rock sealing you cell...

and i'll give you more, not only i got from 100-105 Km to 120-126 km with the same fuel amount, i got that with only 100ml/minute !

the car, as i said before, is a Renault Clio 1996 Oasis 1.2L V4 petrol 60HP with around 200.000 KM.

Stock : 7 L / 100-105 KM
    With HHO 100ml / minute : 7 L / 120-126 KM
    Fuel amount every gas fill up : 7 Liters ( 10 Euros )
    Fuel : petrol 95 octanes.
    Driving : mostly city.
    Shift : 5-speed manual
    Normal RPM : 2000-3500 ( usually around 2500 )
    Normal Speed : 60 - 100 Km/Hour
    Power Change : can't tell any difference, so i'll assume none.
    Intake Point : just before butterfly, after some sensors in the air intake.
    Test Time : a few weeks.
    number of gas fill's up : around 10

do you want the car's color also ? white.

now, get your rock back to your garden, build a decent cell, test it, and stop being an ass !
    Bravo, Mario.

Who do you trust?

I trust Smith03Jetta.

I want his nuts.

BoyntonStu

Blah blah blah
    Believe who you want, but results speak louder than assumptions.

mario brito Guest
    i too believe Mr. Smith and have great respect for him, his work, and specially the way he presents his info, either good or bad.
    he's done a wonderfull job, and we all should be very gratefull to have him on this forum.

one thing that we should take into account, is that he's "playing" with some of the most advanced engines in the market, with very "intelligent" ECU's. and that's a great challenge.

and my point is :

i will not assume that i can get 100% gain, just because someone did it on his car, and also will not assume that i cannot get a decent gain, because another person didn't. every case is special. some will get good results, some will not, period.

there's a detail that will probably give us some important info in the future :

my girlfriend and my mother both have the same car i do ( just different configurations like color, driving assist, etc ) with the exactly same engine !
    as soon as i can get this unit working as i want, i'll install some twin cell's on those cars and post the results. i believe this will be very important to finally understand how HHO behave's.

thanks

timetowinarace Guest
    In the beginning of the 'hho revolution' people were building ineffeciant booster and tossing them on their cars. Many had some interesting MPG gains. More people got involved and hho output became the norm with people designing, building and testing units for higher output. THEN they put them on their cars. Many were disapointed with MPG losses. A few of these people reduced hho output and recieved a surprizing MPG gain. Others started messing with sensors and computers.

The trend on this forum is to design and build the highest output booster. Then put it on a vehicle and fight the sensors/ECU. This is a curiosity for me because most people seem to want modest gains in fuel economy. No one wants to try and run mostly on hho.

The reason for this story?

My opinion, witch means squat really, is that most booster builders may be better off building a decent booster, reducing amps by reducing catylist, thus reducing production, install the unit on the vehicle of choice, and see what the results are with the low hho output. If there is a gain or even if MPG,s stay the same, increase the output slightly. If more gain, increase output again. Do this untill MPG's drop, then go back to previous output levels. Only then does the builder have a baseline to go by for that particular vehicle to decide if sensor/ECU modifacations are neccissary. If modifications are neccissary, try one at a time, such as O2 sencor with the baseline of how much hho can be used with out the mod and go from there. Rather, I see the oppisite happening where the builder will throw as much hho into the intake and then try to make the vehicle run on it. Just doesn't make sence to me. Not all vehicles need sencor/ECU mods and if they do, how do you know, if you haven't established a baseline for that vehicle?

The experiments by Smith are very usefull and extremely important. I don't see that they should pertain to every hho boosted vehicle.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by timetowinarace View Post
    In the beginning of the 'hho revolution' people were building ineffeciant booster and tossing them on their cars. Many had some interesting MPG gains. More people got involved and hho output became the norm with people designing, building and testing units for higher output. THEN they put them on their cars. Many were disapointed with MPG losses. A few of these people reduced hho output and recieved a surprizing MPG gain. Others started messing with sensors and computers.

The trend on this forum is to design and build the highest output booster. Then put it on a vehicle and fight the sensors/ECU. This is a curiosity for me because most people seem to want modest gains in fuel economy. No one wants to try and run mostly on hho.

The reason for this story?

My opinion, witch means squat really, is that most booster builders may be better off building a decent booster, reducing amps by reducing catylist, thus reducing production, install the unit on the vehicle of choice, and see what the results are with the low hho output. If there is a gain or even if MPG,s stay the same, increase the output slightly. If more gain, increase output again. Do this untill MPG's drop, then go back to previous output levels. Only then does the builder have a baseline to go by for that particular vehicle to decide if sensor/ECU modifacations are neccissary. If modifications are neccissary, try one at a time, such as O2 sencor with the baseline of how much hho can be used with out the mod and go from there. Rather, I see the oppisite happening where the builder will throw as much hho into the intake and then try to make the vehicle run on it. Just doesn't make sence to me. Not all vehicles need sencor/ECU mods and if they do, how do you know, if you haven't established a baseline for that vehicle?

The experiments by Smith are very usefull and extremely important. I don't see that they should pertain to every hho boosted vehicle.
    Excellent post.

Did you see the video that I posted above?

BoyntonStu

timetowinarace Guest
    Excellent post.

Did you see the video that I posted above?

BoyntonStu
    No, I'll take a look.

edit

I didn't see a video posted in this thread.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by timetowinarace View Post
    No, I'll take a look.

edit

I didn't see a video posted in this thread.
    Sorry,

Adding Hydroxy will LOWER MPG unless MAP/MAF enhanced.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvpAJ...eature=related

Great set of videos!!

Conclusion:

Hydroxy works IF it is implemented correctly.

BoyntonStu

mario brito Guest
    Link not working

Thanks

Question

Quote Originally Posted by mario brito View Post
    Link not working

Thanks
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvpAJpEmKlA

Try this.

BoyntonStu