Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Vacuum based unit

timetowinarace Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyntonStu View Post
    Sorry,

Adding Hydroxy will LOWER MPG unless MAP/MAF enhanced.

I would change that comment to: Adding too much Hydroxy will LOWER MPG unless MAP/MAF enhanced.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvpAJ...eature=related

Great set of videos!!

Conclusion:

Hydroxy works IF it is implemented correctly.

BoyntonStu
    Again, many on this forum are putting too much emphasis on the Smith experiments. While they are credible and a good source of information and may even be neccisary for some auto's, they should not be viewed as the 'rule'.

If it is the rule, then our attention should turn to running older engines without computer control on pure hydrogen as this would be more cost effective. Spending untold amounts of time and money with electronics modifacations defeats the purpose of saving money on fuel. It also is not for the garage tinkerer as these can get quite involved.

On this broad statement (Adding Hydroxy will LOWER MPG unless MAP/MAF enhanced.) we will have to disagree.

Cadillac Guest
    Mario, does your Renault have the 1.2L with direct injection? If your not sure does it say DIet on the engine any where? I thought that they went to this version in 96' but can not remember off the top of my head.

I can not speak for the DI systems on the Renault (Nissan) but I know the Cadillac (Holden V6s) system. These feature what is termed as "ultra lean burns" and would react differently to HHO (really any additive) in comparison to mainstream fuel injection engine.

Could explain the differance in results here.

mario brito Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac View Post
    Mario, does your Renault have the 1.2L with direct injection? If your not sure does it say DIet on the engine any where? I thought that they went to this version in 96' but can not remember off the top of my head.

I can not speak for the DI systems on the Renault (Nissan) but I know the Cadillac (Holden V6s) system. These feature what is termed as "ultra lean burns" and would react differently to HHO (really any additive) in comparison to mainstream fuel injection engine.

Could explain the differance in results here.
    Yes, it's a direct injection engine :

Mine is a Clio Fase I :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renault_Clio

There's a few things I believe that can make a great difference :

Engine Size - My car only has 1.2L ! So, 100ml HHO / minute will repesent a bigger % in the Fuel/Air/HHO mixture.

Normal RPM usage - 99.9% of cars in Portugal has manual shifting. We don't like automatic. That allow's us to use lower RPM all the time. I usually drive around 2500 RPM. Once again, in low RPM's the 100ml HHO will represent bigger % in the air mixture.

Gasoline type - I know that our petrol is different then your's. Don't know why exactly, but it's different. I usually put 95 octane's petrol. We also have 98 octane's. We don't have or use anything like your's E85.

This are just a "guess". I don't have hard data on this facts.

Could you please explain the "Ultra Lean Burn" engine's ?

Thanks

mario brito Guest
    One more thing :

When I switch on the cell, the engine will raise the RPM's for just a second and then it will lower again. Without HHO, at idle, my engine will stay at 900 RPM's, but with HHO on, it will lower to 825 RPM's.

When I turn the cell off, the engine will raise RPM's again for a second a then it will lower to 900 RPM's.

thanks

Bossman Guest
    Once I get my cell completed I'm going to install it on a 1996 GMC Sonoma 4 cylinder 5 speed. I'm going to install a LM-1 tuner http://http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/ This will show my A/F reading. I can try it with the cell on & then switch it off. I'll have to get another bung welded to my pipe. Do you think this will help. I tune my race quads wih this LM-1. You get the A/F spot on the get peak performance.

Quote Originally Posted by BoyntonStu View Post
    Sorry,

Adding Hydroxy will LOWER MPG unless MAP/MAF enhanced.
    Really? Have you built working units and tested them on every vehicle known to man?

Didn't think so.

Take your self-righteous attitude down a notch.

loumiii Guest

Results with a 2001 Subaru Forester

I'm an old newspaper driver quite used to filling up and topping off a gas tank consistently and checking the mileage to the tenth with every fillup.

I built and installed a 6 mason jar hho generator and connected the output to a vacuum line on my car last week. I went from 25 to 26.2 mpg on a ninety mile run. The next day I improved the gas flow a bit, added 3 lbs to the tires and toned down my normally agressive driving (by driving for maximum vacuum) and got 36.2 mpg on the same course.

The next day I teed the output with one hose to the vacuum line and the other into the air filter housing. I returned to my normally agressive driving and on my way from Durango to Denver, over 5 mountain passes including the dreaded Wolf Creek, I got 28.2 mpg.

I haven't made any sensor mods or enhancements at all yet.

My car is a 2001 Subaru Forester S with 88,000 miles. It has a four speed automatic transmission. I bought it new and its never had any major repairs or alterations. It has consistently gotten 25 mpg in Colorado, I saw 27 mpg once at sea level.

So improvements are possible with hho only.

I have more mods/testing to do of course. And I'm wondering if these generators will freeze in the wintertime! (Does anyone know the answer to that one?).

Regards
    Lou

Atechguy Guest

I have HH0 on 01 Forester.

Quote Originally Posted by loumiii View Post
    I'm an old newspaper driver quite used to filling up and topping off a gas tank consistently and checking the mileage to the tenth with every fillup.

I built and installed a 6 mason jar hho generator and connected the output to a vacuum line on my car last week. I went from 25 to 26.2 mpg on a ninety mile run. The next day I improved the gas flow a bit, added 3 lbs to the tires and toned down my normally agressive driving (by driving for maximum vacuum) and got 36.2 mpg on the same course.

The next day I teed the output with one hose to the vacuum line and the other into the air filter housing. I returned to my normally agressive driving and on my way from Durango to Denver, over 5 mountain passes including the dreaded Wolf Creek, I got 28.2 mpg.

I haven't made any sensor mods or enhancements at all yet.

My car is a 2001 Subaru Forester S with 88,000 miles. It has a four speed automatic transmission. I bought it new and its never had any major repairs or alterations. It has consistently gotten 25 mpg in Colorado, I saw 27 mpg once at sea level.

So improvements are possible with hho only.

I have more mods/testing to do of course. And I'm wondering if these generators will freeze in the wintertime! (Does anyone know the answer to that one?).

Regards
    Lou
    I have hho on 01 Forester 5 speed also , but has a few perfomance mods on it before i put my HHo on , i am getting about 32-33m/gal. but i also am not done with the sensor mods yet, i also have oversizes tires 235/60/16 and i work out of my vehicle and carry tools and supplies. For winter i may try denatured alcohol or try to add a small solar cell to heat unit , not sure yet. I have also been adding actone /xylene /lucas.Best regards.

Walt Guest
    HHO in it self will not "lower your MPG." I have made no computer mods and am on my second month now. Before HHO I got 33-35 now I get 40-43

This is not just one tank.

How you can get lower MPG with HHO

1) Over tax your alternator and battery. I tryed to go from 1 1lpm unit to two. My mileage dropped and the car ran like crap. This was not the fault of more HHO but, not enough voltage. My voltage with two units at idle was 11-12.5 volts not good.

2) Poorly attached or executed vacuum attachment. If you have a leaky cell and are attached to the manifold you have created a vacuum leak. This will cause higher or surging RPMs at idle. Some people mistakenly are convinced the higher RPM is a result of HHO. Higher or surging RPMS will likley lower your MPG.

I do belive the EFIE and MAP-MAF enhancers will maximize the potential gains but by no means are they required to see results in every car.

My car is 10 years old with 130k mi. The original EPA estimates were 29-33 MPG. My pre HHO observerd were 33-35. My current is 40-43. All of my MPG tests are done at fillup with a completley toped off tank after at least 150 miles. There is no explanation for my improved mileage other than HHO.

Walt

PS. I am not selling anything

fu89 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom240 View Post
    You have no evidence that just by adding hydroxy (which is "Brown's Gas" or more correctly, Oxyhydrogen) you lower fuel economy, Mr. Knowitall.

Back to the topic at hand, what color is the smoke? If its white, it is most likely just steam created from the combustion process with your HHO generator working. If its black, then that would indicate running rich.
    It is white but I appear to be getting less MPG.