Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Electrode Configuration

Fishhook Guest

Electrode Configuration

What is the advantage/difference in +-+-+-+- configuration versus
    +nnn-nnn+.
    Also, for anyone on this site that is interested, we all need to calculate our results in HHO Liters per minute, and the amperage at 12 volts required, or
    HHO liters per amp/minute.
    This way, we will be able to find an optimum electrode configuration,
    an optimum electrolyte,(Naco2,KOH, NaOH, SO4whatever).

Lastly, what is the optimum HHo needed per cc of engine dispacement.

I need lots of response on this, and then I will share my cooling design details with you all. No pumps or fans or radiators!

tbhavsar Guest
    Hi,

Nice to know about this thread; it will be interesting to know what people are trying and test result.

BTW; I show some video on you tube by ZeroFossilFuel and he is talking about adding neutral plates to reduce heat. What is 'n' means here; I am not sure how to read this configuration; is ‘n’ means individual plate? Please enlighten me, I am new to HHO.

Thanks
    Tushar

Fishhook Guest

Electrode configuration

Well, the n means neutral plate. I am drawing a diagram of my cell model, which I will have someone scan for me. Then you should be able to link and see it. I am encouraging everyone to calculate their liters per amp minute, so that we can all use this forum to figure out how to get the most out of our time and money, which is the same as making prudent use of our heartbeats.
    I am also concerned about rate of heat rise in these things, so hopefully everyone will be measuring that as well.

bagrman Guest

N plates

When you add a N plate between you + and - you cut the power oing to each by half . All that is need to split water is about 2-2.3 volts so a car regulator will put out 12.5-14 volts, and on avg. you will be getting the 2-2.3 when you have 5 neutrals between your + and -. This will cut down on your heat. you can even do a +nnnnn-nnnnn+nnnnn-nnnnn+ if you have room .

tbhavsar Guest
    Thanks;

Also check FAQ section at 'http://zerofossilfuel.googlepages.com/index.html'; He is talking about plate configuration in detail.

Ronjinsan Guest

Overkill

All that Bagrman said is correct, except that after doing all those tests myself I found that the optimum neutral was 3 or 4 after that there was little effect. The more neutrals i added the more I had to increase electolyte and the production didnt increase enough to be of any use!

tbhavsar Guest
    Hi Ronjinsan,

What is your plate configuration?

Thanks
    Tushar

xjguy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronjinsan View Post
    All that Bagrman said is correct, except that after doing all those tests myself I found that the optimum neutral was 3 or 4 after that there was little effect. The more neutrals i added the more I had to increase electolyte and the production didnt increase enough to be of any use!
    this is an awesome thread.
    ronjinsan when you say that you have to increase electrolyte and increase nuetral plates your setup runs cooler? so hypotetically i can take my 12 plate setup and add neutrals as well as electrolyte and my output stays the same with less heat....i know im just restating what you said kinda but i was just wanting to confirm that i understood it as you meant it

Deanr3D Guest
    Disclaimer: I just got into this stuff and have only done minimal testing.

With that said, I don't understand why we use more +positive (anodes) than -negative (cathodes). For example a popular setup might be +nnn-nnn+. Wouldn't -nnn+nnn- be more effective? My reasoning is based on observation and (most likely) flawed science.

So, water has twice as many H's as O's(H2O, duh). I rigged up a simple setup using SS threaded rod and a computer power supply(12v). I noticed increased bubble buildup on the cathode, or negative, side. Wouldn't it make sense that the Hydrogen is splitting to the cathode at twice the rate of Oxygen splitting to the Anode because there's simply more of it present in water? Finally, increasing the number of Cathodes vs. Anodes(2:1 or 3:2) seems like a great way to boost hydrogen production because you get more cathode surface area, which is where the HH comes from.
    My logic is all flawed, probably. Teach me Mentors!

Dean88 Guest
    I am very new to this as well, but the negative plates are producing as much as the positive plates (in the 2-1 ration) because only one side of the positive plates are producing, while both sides of the negate plate are producing in the popular +nnn-nnn+ set up.

So by switchin the position of the negatives/positives you would make the negative plates only work on one side and the positive work on both sides