Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sale weekend

c02cutter Guest

Sale weekend

The material came, so I'm going to run a sale price for the weekend of $2.70 + actual shipping per plate for 22g 316L wall plates configured as seen in the drawing photo below. This can be handled 2 ways for payment purposes.

1)Tell me what you want, and I create an ebay listing and give you the listing number. But this way you also loose have a chance of loosing it to someone browsing and hitting the buy it now button.

2)Or just tell me what you want, and I will respond with the full amount with the paypal address to pay.

3)Okay, I'll throw out option three, advise me of quantity, I'll reply with the address to accept only cashier checks or money orders.

If you want more than 16 plates, send me a message, and I will grant a discount. I have tomorrow to run what is needed and some for stock. I will be going back to the $3.10 per plate at midnight on Sunday evening 08/17/08. I just checked to verify my computer matches board time and it does. To let you know I am on GMT -4 for my time.

If you want a custom cut I will also discount, but cut off time for that will be noon tomorrow as it has to be programmed and cut.

I had to move a lot of jobs around in the shop to do this as the machine I normally would cut these on went down. Thank my phone system guy as he had me there till 7pm... LOL

c02cutter Guest
    Just a listing I through up on ebay reflecting the pricing involved. Item# 200247053194 also a direct link,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=200247053194

HYDROTEKPRO Guest

Those are REALLY nice plates, 316L, nice!

But there's one problem. Your price is too low. $5 each, for that quality, in 316L, is still an excellent deal.

That machining quality is superb.

smartHHO Guest

size screw?

What size screw fits the hole bud? a number 10 or 8? That way I can pick up the right hardware to build it when I get it.
    Just bought a set from you.
    Thanks.

smartHHO

HYDROTEKPRO Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by smartHHO View Post
    What size screw fits the hole bud? a number 10 or 8? That way I can pick up the right hardware to build it when I get it.
    Just bought a set from you.
    Thanks.

smartHHO
    0.3125 = 5/16"

c02cutter Guest
    The holes are sized to accommodate 5/16” nylon or plastic all thread. You'll need a minimum of 2 to assemble the cell. Also pick up a package of nylon or plastic washers you'll need 24 to to 48 of them minimum depending on the spacing you desire in the cell. Also be aware of the approximated thickness of these washers. You will need 5/16 SS (preferably 316 SS nuts) nuts to assemble also. Minimum of 2 if you use nylon nuts on the outer plates, 6 if you use all stainless nuts. I have this based pretty much on the cell configuration that is shown in these videos...

The spacing in the plates is approximately .06 through out the cell.

That being, I brain stormed at work and came up with a strap kit to go with the cell. I'll include it in all the plate packages going out. The idea for it came from one of the guys who purchased it, and asked about hardware. I realized that if people assemble this in a similar smack configuration that they don't have 316L SS to tie in the positive plates, or have power drops into the cell from your terminals.

So here is a pic of the kit I came up with. 2 of the straps are to be used as the power drops to the cell. Eliminating people using foreign materials in the caustic solution of the cell. The third strap is used for tying in the positives from one side of the cell to the other. The cell configuration as such ( + N N N N N --N N N N N +) The washers are two fold. In the center of the cell you have your negative power being applied to the center 2 plates. So a washer should be used on the other nylon all thread that the negative power drop is not attached to so that the cell stays parallel when assembled. The other washers are for your terminals going through your container. I have provided washers that are concentric to the power drops but will accommodate #10, 1/4”, or 5/16” terminals.

The strap kit will include 3 straps, 4 – 5/16” washers, 2 – 1/4” washers, and 2 - #10 washers all cut from the same material as the plates. See the photos and sketches for detailed info.

Another point is there are tiny notches on the sides of the straps to assist in making accurate bends. A set parallel to the center, and another set on each side 3/4” off center. Just an added touch that I thought would help.

Notice that there are little tits on the washers, I have to leave a small in cut space there and break the part out by hand. If I let the tiny part fall the laser will gouge it really bad because the beam is still on when the part falls.

I am going to go to Home Depot later this afternoon so that I can just walk through and buy the pieces necessary to assemble the cell. Then come home and do a video on the assembly along with a pdf file. Then do a video of the cell running.

I will post Item sku# of what I purchase with the price I paid. Normally I would just order from McMaster Carr what I need, but want to try and make this all as painless as possible. But the pdf will include McMaster's part #'s and what I would purchase from smallparts.com if I was buying from there.

Thanks all for the interest!

Eric

Westcoastrocks Guest
    Thanks for all of the effort. This will help in making a cell that is efficient. Quick question: It seems the when you wrapped the cell in tape that it draws way les power but produces the same amount of gas which I love. But how do you get the tap to stick on the cell after its been running inside a liquid under higher temps?

HYDROTEKPRO Guest

Talking Mummy Cell!!

Quote Originally Posted by Westcoastrocks View Post
    Thanks for all of the effort. This will help in making a cell that is efficient. Quick question: It seems the when you wrapped the cell in tape that it draws way les power but produces the same amount of gas which I love. But how do you get the tap to stick on the cell after its been running inside a liquid under higher temps?
    There are other ways to do this. Some use a section of motorcycle inner-tube, others use Saran-Wrap with rubber bands or zip-ties.

We're going to have to make a name for this kind of cell. How about the Mummy Cell??

Yep, that's it. Mummy Cell.

c02cutter Guest
    I love the mummy cell thing! Really I do, but it is based off the smack cell concept and do not want to take away from the conceptual designers. I will say that in how I assemble the cell personally it is not really true to form of a smack design that is laid out in the pdf. So if you all think the mummy cell is it, I will go with it. I'm a Halloween buff to boot, and do whole house and yard displays because I love the reaction of the people to what I do.

I like Mummy cell, and will promote it as such but with the smack similar disclaimer in the layout of the cell.

Just gives me another aspect of what I am going to do at Home Depot. Want to make the building and replication buy you guys as close to what I do.

Another thing I just discussed with Shari, my partner is she has no clue. So I will write up with photos how I do it, then have her do it. Then have her assemble the cell, questions that arise in the assembly, will be addressed in the pdf. Just want a no clue perspective on how to do it, and address those questions.

Gonna make it idiot proof as far as possible, and will address questions as much as I can in the assembly. As for questions beyond that, I will set-up a page for such. If the owners here want to have it here, I will do it here, but do not want to hog bandwidth from them also.

HYDROTEKPRO Guest

Talking The Mummies Return!

So we got the Smack Cell.

We got the Smack Mummy Cell.

We got the Aaron Cell.

We got the Aaron Mummy Cell.

I'm sure there are more mummies out there wandering around.