Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sale weekend

c02cutter Guest
    Lmafo, I think it is a blast. Though the trip to Home Depot was way less than fruitful, they only had in stock less than half of what it takes to build the cell. So I bought all they had and will work on the assembly video with that. It will just be half assed... lol

smartHHO Guest
    I have found Lowes to have a better selection of plastic and SS bolts then Home Depot. They are more towards the home owner and user friendly, as where HD is more contractor based and sometimes don't have much.

Can't wait to get it built and installed. See what kind of production it does.

I have also found a decent supply of SS hardware at Tractor Supply.
    --
    Some days I get the sinking feeling that Orwell was an optimist!

c02cutter Guest
    I'm going to go out today again and go the direction to Lowes. Still really want to be able to give people the sku's of the stuff to get. If the trip is a succes I'll get the instructions up by tonight or tomorrow morning.

The comment about price being too low, goes against the concept of what this man is trying to do!

While cutter and myself have had some differences, he is trying to make these available to everyone at a price that is affordable, and helpful to all.

Greed, especially by oil producing nations, our own oil companies, and by investors in oil futures, is how we got in this mess.

This man is offering his contacts/supplies, his service, and his know how, at an extremely modest price, and he does it for a reason......

Because we need it, if we are to survive.

Greed is not calculated into his pricing structure.

Quote Originally Posted by Westcoastrocks View Post
    Thanks for all of the effort. This will help in making a cell that is efficient. Quick question: It seems the when you wrapped the cell in tape that it draws way les power but produces the same amount of gas which I love. But how do you get the tap to stick on the cell after its been running inside a liquid under higher temps?
    Electrical tape is vinyl. Vinyl shrinks when heat is applied, where most other substances expand.

That is the whole concept behing shrink tubing.

Once the vinyl tape is wrapped around the plates, and the plates heat due to the production process, the vinyl shrinks, which only makes it more difficult to ever remove if need be.

Further, the heat causes a chimney effect, drawing the water in from the bottom, as it produces.

One more thing! Co2Cutter's video and write up, mentioned water contamination (assuming he ment adhesive from electrical tape).

Electrical tape is designed to keep water out, but for a better application, try wrapping the cells with the sticky side out, and then once the entire gizmo is wrapped, twist the tape 90 degrees, and again wrap it, so sticky, is next to sticky (and all all surfaces effectively touched by the water, are against the side without the glue)

There is always a better way to do it. Find it!
    Thomas Alva Edison

c02cutter Guest
    Just to clarify, I did not use conventional electrical tape for the wrapping. What I used was from one of my distributors given to us as samples. It is actually a rubber tape that has no adhesive. It bounds by being stretched and even then I under looped the end to make sure it stays. I'm not going to recommend it as a alternative to wrapping in the pdf. I also used this same cell wrapped with packaging stretch wrap, and even tried saran wrap with the same results. There are multiple ways to do this, and it is still in the experimental stage.

BIGGUN Guest
    When you wrap the smack gen you are kind of making it into a teracell........but the tera is sealed from all 4 sides with a passage being drilled into it for gas and electrolyte exchange.

It's neat to watch ideas come together.

Kevin

Bossman Guest
    PM sent for purchase