Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Potassium Hydroxide???

Potassium Hydroxide???

I've found several sources, mostly of the flake variety, and even ordered some from the source recommended by Smack.....but its been two weeks and I haven't seen it, nor will they answer emails.

Thought this might be the right place to ask for advice.... Is Potassium Hydroxide what I should be using? Recommended source(s)? Or, should I be using something else? I appreciate any advice you can offer!

I'm on my second generation booster. Tried the Water4Gas first, and it did increase mileage, but have since built the Smack's unit. I expected the Potassium Hydroxide to be here, but it looks like they took my money and ripped me off.
    Ed Caffrey, ABS Mastersmith
    www.caffreyknives.net

Potassium Hydroxide is definitely the catalyst to use, I get mine from http://www.cosmeticgrade.com/, although it seems that they don't have any at the moment.
    2006 Dodge Ram 4.7L - 16.5 mpg stock
    My thread Painless Experiment in HHO

Thanks very much! I just purchased 10lbs of Potassium Hydroxide off Ebay. I know that's a lot, but sooner or later, I expect to have a booster on all the rigs we own, and I assume it won't go bad on the shelf.
    Ed Caffrey, ABS Mastersmith
    www.caffreyknives.net

jthiani Guest
    Heres a good place to buy sodium hydroxide in the usa
    http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...il=&lpage=none

redneckgearhead34 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by EdCaffreyMS View Post
    Thanks very much! I just purchased 10lbs of Potassium Hydroxide off Ebay. I know that's a lot, but sooner or later, I expect to have a booster on all the rigs we own, and I assume it won't go bad on the shelf.
    what are these boosters you speak of?

scrode Guest
    booster= hho generator

it boosts mpg

hydrogenfuelgarage Guest

Potassium Hydroxide

We will sell it in smaller quantities if you are looking for it again. I know it is hard to find. You can check us out at hydrogenfuelgarage.com

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EdCaffreyMS View Post
    I've found several sources, mostly of the flake variety, and even ordered some from the source recommended by Smack.....but its been two weeks and I haven't seen it, nor will they answer emails.

Thought this might be the right place to ask for advice.... Is Potassium Hydroxide what I should be using? Recommended source(s)? Or, should I be using something else? I appreciate any advice you can offer!

I'm on my second generation booster. Tried the Water4Gas first, and it did increase mileage, but have since built the Smack's unit. I expected the Potassium Hydroxide to be here, but it looks like they took my money and ripped me off.

You can get potassium hydroxide from this link and its some of the cheapest around. Just look for Koh.

http://braintan.com/

TBill Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hydrotinkerer View Post
    You can get potassium hydroxide from this link and its some of the cheapest around. Just look for Koh.

http://braintan.com/

These guys have a great price ($15 per 5lbs) but then they hit you for $22 SHIPPING!!!!

I Googled it and ended up (with shipping) around $36 for 8 lbs. from AAA-Chemicals.com

AAA chemicals gets my vote, fair price, quick shipping. And can order online.