Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: HHO injection on Diesels

Quote Originally Posted by myoldyourgold View Post
    I have never found any benefit yet using vacuum to pull in the HHO. It cause more problems than it solves. In your case to inject post turbo and if it does not create any vacuum on your HHO system (bubbler, reactor, filters etc.) maybe it will work. I do not see how you could do that though.
    Ok, here we go... Today I did one test on my dry cell: bypassed all pressure creating devices like my inline filter, flashback, etc. The HHO inlet hose is still connected pre-turbo. When I drive with turbo at low pressure (around 5-10 psi) the HHO production goes in its own steady pace, but when I push turbo to do 30-35 psi it creates a lot of vacuum in my HHO inlet hose and the gas is pulled way more faster and in bigger quantities, cause, as I understand, the gas is being sucked out in the quantity rational to the vacuum percentage created by the turbo. This way it on its own regulates HHO amount pulled into the air intake.

And that is not it. Another think, as I understand, the vacuum created in the cell helps the HHO bubbles detach from the electrodes way more quicker thus letting incoming e-lyte fill into those gaps and continue producing more HHO.

So, any pressure created in the cell is working for its bad, not the vacuum: vacuum helps in production (but what is max mm Mercury), overpressure hurts (gaskets are being pushed out, temperature rising, lowering of HHO production).

Do not believe me! Test it!
    1. Tighten the output from the hose and see the results.
    2. Pull the gas from the cell and see mass gas production in action!

IMHO, the lower the pressure in the cell the better and longer it will serve.
    VOLVO VNL 670 '04, 12L D12D engine, ODO beyond 1.1M miles. Stock 6.0 MPG. Managing up to 7.3 MPG w/o HHO Cell, w/ straight flow muffler, EGRs OFF, AirTabs, ...
    SMART HHO Dry Cell in progress: 10"x12" #20 316L 66 plates unipolar 6 stack, 200 AMP PWM, Fully monitored & controlled by .NETMF Platform. 7.33LPM @ 102A

My Youtube vIdiotics.
    FUEL ECONOMY CONVERSION TABLE & FUEL EFFICIENCY FACTORS Cheat Sheet for Truck Drivers
    CHEMICAL RESISTANCE GUIDE FOR PLASTIC AND METAL VALVES AND FITTINGS

There is a lot of science behind some of this. You need to study about the bubbles. Pressure creates smaller bubbles and keeps them small until they get out. A vacuum makes the bubbles bigger and the current moves only on the outside of the bubbles creating hot rings, (over amping) dead spots, heat etc. The big bubbles bump into each other and become bigger and block the formation of bubbles in the area and flow of the small bubbles. Bigger bubbles results in less HHO per minute. If you can keep the bubble small under a vacuum and not get any electrolyte laden gas into your engine them maybe. I am still looking for the Canadian company the has the patent on post turbo injection system. I will send it to you when I find it. Bottom line is you want to have many very small bubbles and get them out of the reactor fast with out them becoming big. The distance the bubble travels in the reactor is important. Less distance the better. This is one reason why plate design is important.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

There is a lot of science behind some of this. You need to study about the bubbles. Pressure creates smaller bubbles and keeps them small until they get out. A vacuum makes the bubbles bigger and the current moves only on the outside of the bubbles creating hot rings, (over amping) dead spots, heat etc. The big bubbles bump into each other and become bigger and block the formation of bubbles in the area and flow of the small bubbles. Bigger bubbles results in less HHO per minute. If you can keep the bubble small under a vacuum and not get any electrolyte laden gas into your engine them maybe. I am still looking for the Canadian company the has the patent on post turbo injection system. I will send it to you when I find it. Bottom line is you want to have many very small bubbles and get them out of the reactor fast with out them becoming big. The distance the bubble travels in the reactor is important. Less distance the better. This is one reason why plate design is important.
    Thank you for your insights. I appreciate all that vital info the older man shares with a young folk.
    VOLVO VNL 670 '04, 12L D12D engine, ODO beyond 1.1M miles. Stock 6.0 MPG. Managing up to 7.3 MPG w/o HHO Cell, w/ straight flow muffler, EGRs OFF, AirTabs, ...
    SMART HHO Dry Cell in progress: 10"x12" #20 316L 66 plates unipolar 6 stack, 200 AMP PWM, Fully monitored & controlled by .NETMF Platform. 7.33LPM @ 102A

My Youtube vIdiotics.
    FUEL ECONOMY CONVERSION TABLE & FUEL EFFICIENCY FACTORS Cheat Sheet for Truck Drivers

your venturi style suction may have an issue once the throttle blades closeas you will have acrap ton a air comming in from the turbo with no where to go. at the boost you are running 30+psi, i would imagine that could have some serious effects on your hho unit. imho you'll need a one way check valve on the line that is rated at a higher psi than you blow off valve to be safe.

i could be completely and total wrong though, as i have not done much with turbos. so please keep in mind thats all speculation.
    hang loose,

charlie

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by charliebrumfield View Post
    your venturi style suction may have an issue once the throttle blades closeas you will have acrap ton a air comming in from the turbo with no where to go. at the boost you are running 30+psi, i would imagine that could have some serious effects on your hho unit. imho you'll need a one way check valve on the line that is rated at a higher psi than you blow off valve to be safe.

i could be completely and total wrong though, as i have not done much with turbos. so please keep in mind thats all speculation.
    I have 125 PSIG flash back arrestor installed between my system and the intake, so no reverse pressure is an issue.

My Youtube vIdiotics.

cool. i must have missed that when i was reading through the thread. hoping my reactor looks half as good as yours does when i'm finished.
    hang loose,

charlie

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by charliebrumfield View Post
    cool. i must have missed that when i was reading through the thread. hoping my reactor looks half as good as yours does when i'm finished.
    Outside is deceitful many times, but the important thing is what is inside. I have to improve a lots of things on my reactor though. Put a lots of money into it, produces around 5LPM but that is not enough for my application. So, right now I am working on bringing my Farraday eddiciency factor to 100% or even overunity if the things I am advised to do will work then I will be able to pull 12LPM at 120 AMP.

My Youtube vIdiotics.

All liquids boil at a lower temperature when in a vacuum. Pull a vacuum on water and you can make it boil at a very low temperature. they are called pressure empathy charts and this is the very reason you pull HVAC systms into a vacuum before charging. Pulling hte system into a vacuum causes the moisture to boil off thus clensing the HVAC system.
    That is why you are seeing increased production and increased bubbling when your system is under a vacuum. It is boiling the electolite. This is just my opinion. The added heat of the cell plus the fact that the cell is under a vacuum is causing the electrolite to flash or boil. THis is basicly the same effect of cavitation in a pump.
    What this does to HHO production and dry cells I have no idea. The other thing I do not know is how the KOH changes the properties of the water. Similiar as antifreeze can raise the boiling point of water.

It would be a real advantage to be able to see exactly what is happening inside the reactor. Since we are not able to do that we have to use what we see on each plate when we take a unit apart. You can learn a lot once you have learned what each variation of color and marking on the plates mean.

I have seen no reports or evidence that a vacuum has any advantage but just the opposite. Pressure on the other hand has proven to keep the bubbles small thus allowing for more bubbles, less hot spots, no large bubbles blocking the flow, and a few other things. The problem with pressure over 3 to 4 pounds requires a lot more safety devises but does work. To avoid all of this the simple and easy solution is to media blast the plates. This keeps the bubble small and so no extra pressure is necessary. You only have to work out the proper flow/pressure to assist the bubbles on their journey. Here is where plate design is important. Insulate all your ports with Weld-on 16.

With out the use of an expensive pump (which has some disadvantages) there is a few things you can do. The most critical to me is the size of the input/balance port on the plate. All I can tell you is that to big does not work. Pressure increases when the ports are smaller. It is like putting your finger over the end of a garden hose to shoot the water farther. The balance between the exit port and the in put port is extremely important. I can only tell you to experiment by using Weldon 16 to close down the input port(s) until you find the sweet spot. I know it's a lot of work but because position and size of the both ports are all over the place it is hard to give you a rule to follow.

To summarize stay away from vacuum, media blast you plates, size your input ports smaller than the exit ports, experiment to find the sweet spot as far as input port size goes buy using Weldon 16 to make it smaller. When you have it right you will have more HHO per amp and no more heat or possibly a little less.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

It would be a real advantage to be able to see exactly what is happening inside the reactor. Since we are not able to do that we have to use what we see on each plate when we take a unit apart. You can learn a lot once you have learned what each variation of color and marking on the plates mean.

I have seen no reports or evidence that a vacuum has any advantage but just the opposite. Pressure on the other hand has proven to keep the bubbles small thus allowing for more bubbles, less hot spots, no large bubbles blocking the flow, and a few other things. The problem with pressure over 3 to 4 pounds requires a lot more safety devises but does work. To avoid all of this the simple and easy solution is to media blast the plates. This keeps the bubble small and so no extra pressure is necessary. You only have to work out the proper flow/pressure to assist the bubbles on their journey. Here is where plate design is important. Insulate all your ports with Weld-on 16.

With out the use of an expensive pump (which has some disadvantages) there is a few things you can do. The most critical to me is the size of the input/balance port on the plate. All I can tell you is that to big does not work. Pressure increases when the ports are smaller. It is like putting your finger over the end of a garden hose to shoot the water farther. The balance between the exit port and the in put port is extremely important. I can only tell you to experiment by using Weldon 16 to close down the input port(s) until you find the sweet spot. I know it's a lot of work but because position and size of the both ports are all over the place it is hard to give you a rule to follow.

To summarize stay away from vacuum, media blast you plates, size your input ports smaller than the exit ports, experiment to find the sweet spot as far as input port size goes buy using Weldon 16 to make it smaller. When you have it right you will have more HHO per amp and no more heat or possibly a little less.
    Glad to see you here Carter, got anything new in the hopper? "D"