Thread: Hints, Help, Learn From My Mistakes

homersimpson30 Guest

Hints, Help, Learn From My Mistakes

I just wanted to share some hints so others can learn from my mistakes. First off here is a link to an awsome steel shop with great prices and large selection for SS steel. http://www.khmetals.com/ (RIVERSIDE CA.) Also if your going to do a plate design dont get the WALL PLATES !! The edges are curved, and in my opinion will need to be cut off or made flat for best release of the gas. Do not go cheap on the plates. Spend some money on them and get a good solid, flat even, plate. Also spend some money to have a machinist drill your holes, because it will be neat and save time if you dont have a good press. Trust me you will eat up lots of drill bits if you dont have a good set up, and lots of patients. Dont try to get away with cheap cuz you will end up spending the same amount or more in failures then if you went with the good quality materials. Trust me ! ANY OTHER HINTS AND TIPS ARE WELCOME.

c02cutter Guest
    Hence the reason I am running a sale this weekend... I can cut it like butter!

godoveryou Guest
    The use of a sheet metal nibbler makes cutting easy. Diablo blades also makes one called the metal demon, and that works well also.

Arctos1 Guest

Drilling Holes

I would suggest investing in cobalt drill bits designed for drilling SS. I would use a 1/8" bit to drill a pilot hole, then use a Ti Nitride coated step bit to enlarge the hole to the size needed. Both types of bits cut Stainless like butter.