Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1999 Jeep Wrangler 4.0L

95CHERJUST Guest
    DONT USE THE ROBEIC, its salt content will kill all aluminum over time, BEST BY FAR FOR TIME BEING IS IN THE SAME FAMILY POTASSIUM HYDROXIDE KOH.

My 95 Jeep seems to like it better than the baking soda plus no more rust and makes more amps for less.

As for tunning just got my dual map and 02 efie so need help if someone has played that game on the 95 cherokee 4.0 obd1?

Any good parameters to start with>> thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by Aucado View Post
    I just stopped by a gas station to top off my tank after 56.6 miles. It took 2.333 gallons, which works out to 24.26 MPG. That's a 6.42 MPG increase over my last test!

Since that accounts for less than a 1/4 tank, I'm going to now run a full tank, until the light comes on and check my mileage again.
    Not a good idea to run your tank so low. The TJ fuel pump cools itself with the fuel in the tank. Not really a good idea to run it past a quarter tank. Not to mention the dirt that somehow magically gets in there... I have already replaced both tank and fuel pump in my TJ. 2.5L

98 TJ 4cyl

I ran a tiny dry cell producing 500mlPM with 1.5inx1.5in of surface space for electrolysis, piped in right above the throttle body. Used spark plug non-foulers as 02 extenders on first upstream sensor then both up and down stream. I went from 15-15.5 mpg EVERY tank to 12.5mpg on first tank. Ran the generator 3 hours a day for 12 days before I removed for cleaning and have not reinstalled yet. Jeep ran better and I started running it the 45 miles to work and not on the return trip. Filling up @ BP beginning and end of each trip. I tested off going to work and on going home as well. Before dismantle I was getting 14.5 mpg with the generator on and 16.5-17.25 mpg with it off. Now that I have tested design I am going to change some things and double plate size before reinstall as well as EFIE

effie hook up question

hello porkchop, i just wanted to ask you, i have a 97 grand cherokee with a 4.0 also, i hooked up my hho system and my effie, but my mileage really isnt increasing. i an going to try the sodium hydroxide instead of the baking soda like i am currently using but i was instructed to wire my effie into the center wire on my MAP sensor, and thinking this is my problem. Did you wire your effie into the o2 sensor and if so which wire did you use to interrupt your signal. as far as the vaccume goes, i ran into the intake maniford and directly into the top of the carb where the cold air comes in through the air box hose. Thanks for you help and your time, Carl3336
    Quote Originally Posted by porkchop View Post
    I would try using Sodium Hydroxide. It is lye. I have heard baking soda is not ideal. I found it a Lowes. The brand name was Roebic, and is in the drain cleaners section, and is cheap. It contains 100% Sodium Hydroxide. It is the amps you really want to measure. I have a 97 Jeep G.Cherokee, 6cyl.
    I found that O2 extenders don't work, and I have been having problems when hooked to the manifold of the engine drawing in water when hooked there. You may be fine though, just keep an eye out. I installed a EFIE, that's when my mileage picked up. On my Jeep, the O2 sensor compensated for the increased oxygen due to the cleaner burn of hydrogen. I have not messed with the IAT, or MAP sensors. Just the O2. There are 2 on mine, before and after the CAT(catalytic converter). The only one you have to deal with, on my model is the one before the CAT. The one after is for monitoring the CAT, it doesn't do anything for the fuel ratio.
    My EFIE is from fuel savers, it is the single deluxe model. It is nicely packaged with test ports, on/off switch, adjusting pot, and a light to let you know it is on.
    I hope I have helped, all this information is just what I have found is working for me. I am not a rocket scientist, but then again not dummy.

I'll definately keep it in mind. My jeep is sort of a project to prove to my father that just because big auto isn't putting these things on cars doesn't mean they don't work. So I have to carefully go through each step and document what works and how much.

Exclamation HHO Dragster beetle

Does anyone run your vehicle on strait brown gas?
    If so is it a constant flow or a pressure regulated flow?

I am new to hho and completely interested, I'm building a 74 beetle drag car that I'm wanting to hook up to a pressurized controlled system. But I'm lacking a drycell and some knowledge!