Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Does size matter?

HomeGrown Guest
    Thanks guys, I appreciate your time & patients to explain this!
    But, it begs yet another question: I see far more discussion regarding plates as opposed to tube configurations. Are plate cells by and large better than tube cells? Both my cells I built are tube type, using 1.00 & .75" 316 stainless. My big cell has an array of 7 tubes @ 6" long, while my smaller cell (just finished it today) uses 3 tubes @ 5" long.

I also have several plates I could play with, which are 1.5" x 6", aprox. .05" thick. I haven't done anything with them yet.

scottyhho Guest
    i'm using tubes also. curious to know if anyone else out there is....

zenoptic Guest
    I am working on a system that uses .041" safety wire ( 302/304 Stainless steel). Any one use this type of SS? Will it hold up?

daveczrn Guest
    304 stainless steel is fine. alot of us use it. The down side to wire is that it does not have very much surface area. It is much better to use something with more surface area so that bubbles have room to form on it.

HomeGrown Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by scottyhho View Post
    i'm using tubes also. curious to know if anyone else out there is....
    What's your tube confiuration Scotty?

HYDROTEKPRO Guest

Quote Originally Posted by HomeGrown View Post
    Thanks guys, I appreciate your time & patients to explain this!
    But, it begs yet another question: I see far more discussion regarding plates as opposed to tube configurations. Are plate cells by and large better than tube cells? Both my cells I built are tube type, using 1.00 & .75" 316 stainless. My big cell has an array of 7 tubes @ 6" long, while my smaller cell (just finished it today) uses 3 tubes @ 5" long.

I also have several plates I could play with, which are 1.5" x 6", aprox. .05" thick. I haven't done anything with them yet.

That tube configuration is very nice!

Plates are easier, that's why they're more popular.

If you could decrease the distance between the center tube and the outside tube (x all of the columns of course), your gas production would be better. This means a smaller diameter outside tube, or a larger diameter inside tube.

However, your tube configuration is neat and clean, professional looking. Very nice!

Awsome cell build!
    "You don't always have to know ALL the answers, but you do need to know where to find them."

scottyhho Guest
    Im using six 4 inch long 1/2 inch tubes with SS bolts in the center. I positivly charge the bolts and negitavly charge the tubes. I also have a few random hole drilled in the tubes. It's a pretty simple design but it works well. I'm putting it in my car on saturday. I'm producing 1 ltr a minute. I'll put some pics up in a few days. I'm in the process of moving so it's been a pain.

scottyhho Guest
    Oh, also, the bolts/tubes stand upright and are secured through a 4 inch round piece of white cutting board.

HomeGrown Nice tube design, very professional looking, are you a machinist? I haven't built a generator yet but I'm thinking of using the tube design also, mostly because of the surface area. I too feel the spacing between tubes needs to be smaller around .045 and haven't been able to locate tubes that come close enough yet. How much production do you get out of the 7 tube generator and at what amps and temp. Last question, does the 7 tube design fit into a 4" PVC pipe.