Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mummy Cell assembly

Westcoastrocks Guest
    Is there any reason to have the cell split up in the middle? I am curious.

c02cutter Guest
    Yes actually there is. And I know this may open up a can of worms, but let me try and explain. A battery, flows in one direction from (+) > (-). No matter how many cell sections there are in the battery it still flows this way. With this break in the cell we are creating (+) > (-) (-) < (+) which in my theory, notice I said “my” causes 2 directions of flow in the cell. Also I feel, from what I have observed, an interaction between the 2 flows that seems beneficial to production. Wrapping the cell seems to help in directing this interacting current flow.

Like I said this may open a can of worms, but this is my observations of what is going on. Being an observation I may be completely wrong. I hope this helps explain the why of the split in the cell.

JojoJaro Guest
    Eric, have you measured production and at what Volts and what amps?

timetowinarace Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by c02cutter View Post
    Yes actually there is. And I know this may open up a can of worms, but let me try and explain. A battery, flows in one direction from (+) > (-). No matter how many cell sections there are in the battery it still flows this way. With this break in the cell we are creating (+) > (-) (-) < (+) which in my theory, notice I said “my” causes 2 directions of flow in the cell. Also I feel, from what I have observed, an interaction between the 2 flows that seems beneficial to production. Wrapping the cell seems to help in directing this interacting current flow.

Like I said this may open a can of worms, but this is my observations of what is going on. Being an observation I may be completely wrong. I hope this helps explain the why of the split in the cell.
    Actually, electrons flow from negative to positive. Doesn't matter, it works out the same.

Shouldn't be a can of worms. Your theory is sound. Basically what your doing is sending half the current through one side and half through the other.

c02cutter Guest
    I have not actually measured production yet, still working on my new container. The container used in the video is not sealed as well as it should be. Hopefully in the next week I will have the container built that I am working on.

silverbullet830 Guest
    hey i have a question. has anyone experimented with grooving the plates? i mean grooves about a quarter of the depth of the plate on both sides almost like a grid pattern. maybe a 8th or 16th apart. i'm wondering about increasing surface area. do yall think something like this might make a difference? maybe even make the plates thicker so you could cut deeper grooves. just a thought.....

c02cutter Guest
    Ok I have my computer back up, but lost a hard drive. This week I will be launching my web store, and finally finishing the pdf. All videos will be redone to reflect the hardware that is in. And the store will have individual pieces that can be bought. My computer crash really set this all back.