Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does Size Really matter?

JojoJaro Guest
    Please stay on topic.

Post your question in the Q&A section. Mentors will answer them there.

Jaxom Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JojoJaro View Post
    Yes, current density is figured on the size of the cathode (negative electrode), becase this is where electron originate from.

Makes sense, but if the cathode is smaller (i.e. in a Joe cell) then it's the limiting factor. Figure it by the cathode or anode, whichever is smaller.

Zarni Guest
    I've also been looking at current density. The industrial ones seem to run around the 0.5A/sqcm but as I've only got a 10A power supply I shall be creating a set of plates that are 3cmx3cm giving 9sqcm and the possiblity of having over 1A/sqcm. I do wonder about plate thickness at that sort of density though ?!

Currently my plates are 95mmx125mm giving 118sqcm and the test are performed as close to 5A as possible (giving me some play when I get the electrolyte conentration wrong) but this only gives 0.04 ish A/sqcm which is really low, but it works for me.

Anyway just another point if you wanted to get 1lpm out of 10A you would need a cell running at 14v (a high alternator output) with an efficency of 7.14mmw which is slightly over what is claimed to be 100% efficency (or so zero says anyway), so you may find it a bit tricky to find a cell out there with that sort of output. My cell is only 3mmw at present but I'm still working on it. When I get it above 4mmv I'll post some info

-= Zarni =-

otrcomm Guest
    Hello,

You might want to look at this page:

http://jnaudin.free.fr/wfc/index.htm

and then papers by Stan Meyer:

http://waterpoweredcar.com/stan.html

If I understand them correctly, Meyer was getting a 300% plus increase in hydrogen gas production not so much by size per se, but by creating a resonance between the power input into the system and the water molecules. The way I understand it, and I may be totally wrong, is that he built up a charge on the positive electrode like a capacitor and, at the same time starved the negative electrode. Then the only place that the positive charge could "find" a negative charge was from electrons in the water molecule. This is how he broke the water molecules apart. And it happened without any heat build up since there was not an arc between the positive and negative electrodes. Several people at the jnaudin site have replicated the Meyer system and have reported over 300% hydrogen gas production than is predicted by Faraday's "laws."

Dave Lawton has the best "translations" of Meyer's circuit diagrams that I have found:

http://waterfuel.t35.com/wf_meyer_lawton.html

otrcomm Guest
    Oh yeah, I forgot to add, Stan Meyer didn't need an electrolyte like KOH, NaOH, or Baking Soda; he used pure water. And the people replicating Meyer's system are using pure water.