Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pure Hydrogen Challenge

Smith03Jetta Guest

Pure Hydrogen Challenge

I'm throwing down the gauntlet for every innovator and inventor on this forum. Consider this a challenge.

I'm challenging you to build a system that can easily electrolyze water on demand and create pure hydrogen gas for use in an internal combustion engine. The implications of success in this challenge could be revolutionary. Scientists at MIT have been successful but have been relatively tight lipped so far. Given the fact that it is possible we should be able to figure out how to do it and do it with less expense.

Rules:

1. The entire system must be powered by a production automobile electrical system or with solar power assist that can be integrated into a standard size automobile. That means 12 to 14 volts with alternator alone.
    2. The system can consume no more than 35 amps using alternator alone.
    3. The system creates Hydrogen and Oxygen from Water and separates the Hydrogen from the Oxygen.
    or
    4. Creates pure Hydrogen Gas from Water leaving negative ions (Oxygen) in the water.
    5. In the spirit of Home-Builders it must be easily built in a home garage with standard tools. Any parts built with Lathes, mills etc. must not be extremely expensive to purchase or machine. The "Machine Shop down the road" should be able to build it.
    6. The build must be photographed and documented. The information must be shared with everyone on this forum. Video is a plus.
    7. The discovery would be OPEN SOURCE for the WORLD to benefit from.
    8. You must prove (without a doubt) that it works and others can duplicate it. I volunteer to duplicate it if someone else beats me to it.
    9. There is NO CASH PRIZE for this challenge. The prize will be our eternal gratitude. Heck, it might make you world famous.

We know that HHO is a struggle because the Oxygen part of the equation causes problems with the O2 Sensors. The Hydrogen is what we want. We do not want the Oxygen.

If you are able to create a system that separates the Oxygen and Hydrogen and is able to store each separately for use later that is a plus. That technology will be beneficial for use in powering homes.

Do we have any takers? If you accept this challenge, put your name on the line for this endeavor by adding to this thread. I'm putting my name on the line because I'm convinced it is that important.

My name is Steven A. Smith. I'm 34 years old. I live in Rocky Face, GA, USA.

smartHHO Guest
    They have machines that separate the H from the O now. Just look at this video. This house is pretty cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEdQRVQtffw

Grant it, this is mass production of Hydrogen, but we want something much smaller scale. I do believe someone was on track when they said, Hydrogen is lighter then O2, so it should float up higher and be extracted. Only problem is they are mixed and yet hard to separate. There was a guy that talked about putting a piece of plexiglass in the water between the neg and positive in order to separate the two. I am guessing that is how the box in that video is doing it. Good luck everyone. It is doable, but how doable on a much smaller car scale.

buffordboy23 Guest
    Do you have a link for the results obtained by the MIT scientists? I know that a group of researchers there have developed a plasmatron fuel converter, which modifies a portion of the gasoline on-board into hydrogen.

Hydrogen and oxygen are initially divided, since they form at different electrodes. A porous barrier can be placed between the electrodes that permits the flow of the ionic components of the solution and separates the gases to a very large degree.

Smith03Jetta Guest
    Both of you guys are thinking along the right lines. FYI, I've already mailed Dr. Nocera at MIT. I'm waiting to see if he or anyone on his team contacts me. I would love to be able to talk with them about their discovery and see if they are willing to share any of their information.

rjn Guest
    Have you seen this?
    http://aardvark.co.nz/hho_challenge.shtml
    It's worth a million bucks!

Smith03Jetta Guest
    I could care less about the ardvark challenge unless you want to front me a car and $5000 USD.

JojoJaro Guest
    Its a freaking bogus challenge. He writes rules that can be loosely interpreted.

Like, "drive the car around for 6 months", driven by who? Whose to say this driver will not 'abuse' the way he drives to negate the MPG gains. Is it a double blind drive test?

What constitutes 'no damage' to the engine? Are ECM adjustments acceptable? O2 sensor modifications? etc.

Where is the money? Is it assured?

rjn Guest
    Very good points. First would have to be a conviction that the money was really there. I'm not sure how one would do that but once you had Mr. "it's all b.s." draw up a contract, reviewed by your buddy the lawyer, those specifications would be spelled out and satisfactorily hold up to scrutiny, and, court room decorum. The money would probably want to be in an escrow account. You're probably right, this would not be worth the time & effort of pursuit but

You know that it does work and think how much better I would feel seeing you post a return to the "gauntlet thrown down" on this guy's site and the whole world would be watching and .....hold my beer , watch this shit!

JojoJaro Guest
    I sent him an email telling him his challenge is bogus.

That if he specifies more specific rules and guidelines about what can and can not be done, that I will accept his challenge.

I hate it when people only sees his rant, that people don't see that his challenge is being accepted.

rjn Guest
    Kudos my friend. There are probably a lot of people posting on this site who would contribute to your effort and very much enjoy watching the process unfold, so, if you don't have a lawyer for a buddy, when it comes time to hire one, count me in. This might even make a good "sticky".