Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast

Thread: Chasing The White Rabbit Down The Hhole

HiTechRedNeck73 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by solo33 View Post
    http://www.jamesonmedical.com/pages/liter_meter.htm

Check this out................ I looked for some time for these OFF E-bay.
    those are calibrated for oxygen, not hydrogen... they will not be accurate...

Quote Originally Posted by HiTechRedNeck73 View Post
    those are calibrated for oxygen, not hydrogen... they will not be accurate...

Those are calibrated for Gases, a LPM is a LPM.
    The only thing that changes that is pressure. ( they are designed to bleed into atmospheric pressure with no back pressure to speak of).

So it will work for HHO, air, O2....

Those types of flow meters are not very accurate FWIW ok for a referance but thats about it IMO

HiTechRedNeck73 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Roland Jacques View Post
    Those are calibrated for Gases, a LPM is a LPM.
    The only thing that changes that is pressure. ( they are designed to bleed into atmospheric pressure with no back pressure to speak of).

So it will work for HHO, air, O2....

Those types of flow meters are not very accurate FWIW ok for a referance but thats about it IMO
    it's my understanding that the ball inside the meter is weighted and designed for the gas that it measures... oxygen and hydrogen are different weights, so it would stand to reason that if you ran a hydrogen/oxygen mix then it would show lower than normal, and if you ran just hydrogen it would be even worse...

is this right or wrong?

I'd like to understand this...

redneckgearhead34 Guest
    I just finished my second tank of gas with a 50% restriction on my intake. I got 20mpg that is a 2mpg drop from my normal 22mpg. Any reason why it isnt working for me?

redneckgearhead34, Try again at 25% restriction. Some times a little is a lot.

redneckgearhead34 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by atfab View Post
    redneckgearhead34, Try again at 25% restriction. Some times a little is a lot.
    10-4 I never thought of that. I dont have a map sensor, does this make a difference?

Yes i understand that H2 is 14 Xs or so lighter than air. So i thnk i see your point.

The way i was thinking is the wieght of the ball, is reacting to gavity not the gases. The ball wieghts the same whether it in a container of H2 or O2. I was wrong.

Turns out there is a correction factor to use when measuring HHO.

It is __________ x 1.5542 = so if the HHO reads 2 LPM it is actually (2 x 1.5542= ) 3.1084

redneckgearhead34, it might not, I suspect you have a single point injector in what looks like a carb, Correct me if I'm wrong. it might have a TPS and that will control the injector. Good luck, those can be a blessing or a SOB. Not for tinkering with by the uninformed.

Roland That sounds about right, but it's been 20+ years since I fooled with lab flow gauges.

I pulled out my duct tape restrictor and made one from a tin mason jar lid. It's in the dirty side of the air cleaner, like Jimbo40's, results pending.

redneckgearhead34, I didn't find a listing on a "hardbody" but I did find 2.4L pickup

"On your 1994 Nissan/Datsun Truck Pickup 2WD 2.4L SFI , the Mass Air Flow Sensor is located:

Under hood, center, upper engine area, end of air intake hose, mounted on throttle unit"

solo33 Guest
    If you're going to do a term paper for a scientific college HHO class, you're right. If instead you want a constant running indicator, that you can watch
    while you are adjusting your generator, PWM, etc, you're wrong...they are perfect. I like 'em.