Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: HHO improves fuel emissions, Proof

Smile

Thanks guys. I've put a hose (3/4") right in front of the elbow in HHO injection area to keep the opening close to throttle body (about 2 inches away). I am noticing little improvement in acceleration. I am now going to dial the PWM down to keep output about 1LPM. My amps keep floating though, sometimes I am seeing 30Amps sometimes I its 20... any idea why does it happen (does it happen with you guys too)?

Thanks for the great help again!! I will draft all my findings and things I did to improve performance so it may be helpful to others also.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Maverick View Post
    My amps keep floating though, sometimes I am seeing 30Amps sometimes I its 20... any idea why does it happen (does it happen with you guys too)?
    Most likely do to not having enough neutral plates. With the higher voltage per cell with this design, the cells will be flooded. Then, when producing gas, the pressure will force electrolyte out of the cells, lowering the amp. draw.
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0
    14 cell / 2 stack 6x9" drycell reactor 28%KOH dual EFIE, MAF enhancer, IAT & ECT controllers, 2.4 LPM @ 30 amps. 6.35 MMW http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/forum/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by lhazleton View Post
    Most likely do to not having enough neutral plates. With the higher voltage per cell with this design, the cells will be flooded. Then, when producing gas, the pressure will force electrolyte out of the cells, lowering the amp. draw.
    Thanks, another thing... I connected ammeter in positive line, I am now reading everywhere that the ammeter should be connected to negative line. I will change the wiring and will see if that brings any further improvements.

Smile

Guys, I just received response from Bob Volk (HHO Kits Direct)... related to issues I am having with my HHO:

The amps look ok, though with about 7 tbsp you should be closer to 30-35 amps. It is common to see the hho gas- it is not steam- be very careful and do not try to light it or you will find out how powerful it is.
    The units operate in the 135 degree F range which is normal.
    Not sure if the ¾ inch hose is a good idea though- we tried many different sizes and the 3/8 is best for overall use. Though we did not try over such a long distance as that.
    If all is working, and you have no leaks, and you connected direct to battery not vehicle ground, then the only other thing it could be is the chip not interfacing well with car ecu. Check the list below and recalibrate once more after everything is warmed up to operating temps. If it still doesn’t work- we may need to swap for an efie/maf.

MILEAGE CHIP CHECKLIST- FOR DIAGNOSING MILEAGE CHIP PROBLEMS
    Step 1 - Press the reset button.
    Step 2 - Verify the correct port was used (OBD-II). Some vehicles have diagnostic ports that look very similar to the OBD-II port, but are not tapered on the sides.
    Step 3 - Verify the tap-in connectors were installed properly. Failure to crimp the connectors all the way down will result in a poor connection. DO NOT push wires into the OBD-II port, as this will cause a short.
    Step 4 - Using a volt meter or continuity tester, verify pin 4 is grounded.
    Step 5 - Using a volt meter or continuity tester, verify pin 16 is 4.6VDC+ to 15VDC+ when key is turned to IGN position. If not, check fuses.

The Mileage Chip should display a steady green light immediately after successful calibration. If the unit displays a steady red light, then it has failed calibration, will probably need to be returned for a diagnostic/re-flash or replacement.

Does not exit Stand-By Mode
    Problem (VPW and some ISO protocols) : Unit will not exit stand-by mode, indicated by no PWR light and DATA flashes quickly every 3-5 seconds.
    Solution : Move the green wire to pin 9.

CALIBRATION: First- warm up engine and HHO kit to full operating temperature. Turn off and immediately press reset button on chip. Let calibrate for 2-4 minutes. Then restart engine/hho generator (do not press down accelerator or race engine)- let idle for 2-4 minutes as the chip reads and calibrates.

Give it 150-200 miles to settle in.

Try those first before returning chip

Hope this helps those who are having issues with their mileage chip...

Hi Havens78
    Lone Maverick is not having much luck with his 772
    You say you have a 771, what has been your experience.? I cancelled an order for a 772 in lieu of a unit that separates the hydrogen and lets the oxygen back to the atmosphere. Haven't ordered yet. No one seems to have a consensus of opinion on what to buy, love to hear some opinions
    mike I am in Australia

Mike from down under the splitter reactors do work but the results are less than using HHO and good electronics as far as increased mileage goes. Both clean up the exhaust. Most of the splitter reactors out there are inefficient and suffer with some bleed over under some conditions. To prevent bleed over 100% of the time cheaply makes the reactor inefficient. To solve this problem is very costly because of the patented membrane that one would have to use. There are a number of people working on this to solve the problem. I will be testing a new system sometime in the near feature and will post the results.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

Quote Originally Posted by mmdowd View Post
    Hi Havens78
    Lone Maverick is not having much luck with his 772
    You say you have a 771, what has been your experience.? I cancelled an order for a 772 in lieu of a unit that separates the hydrogen and lets the oxygen back to the atmosphere. Haven't ordered yet. No one seems to have a consensus of opinion on what to buy, love to hear some opinions
    mike I am in Australia
    I have had mixed results with my 771, i'm actually working on a 773 currently that was malfunctioning. I've had luck with the Volo chip in my wifes car, but haven't had any luck with the chip in any other vehicles. And even in my wifes car it isn't consistent mpg increases, i'm thinking of going with a efie upgrade after i finish the install on another vehicle. Has Lone Maverick tried an efie or is he still working with the chip?

Quote Originally Posted by Havens78 View Post
    I have had mixed results with my 771, i'm actually working on a 773 currently that was malfunctioning. I've had luck with the Volo chip in my wifes car, but haven't had any luck with the chip in any other vehicles. And even in my wifes car it isn't consistent mpg increases, i'm thinking of going with a efie upgrade after i finish the install on another vehicle. Has Lone Maverick tried an efie or is he still working with the chip?
    Hi guys,

I want to share my findings with my experiments;

1) For sure, you should not and cannot install HHO reactor in trunk. Reactor/ bubbler should be less than 6 ft away from engine air intake.

2) Adding HHO in car system does not increase mileage, yet it increases just power

3) Use MAF/ EFIE to reduce car fuel consumption, however you cannot set one sensor alone without tweaking other as otherwise you will see DTCs thrown

4) You must tweak other sensors to make sure ECU does detect DTC situation (172 is the famous code)

5) For sure, you cannot gain consistent improvements in city, this technology works great on constant (almost) RPM, so best suited for highways. This makes sense as in City, engine RPM goes high and low demanding more HHO at the high RPM, which might not be sufficient, so when you are cruising on Hwys, engine is at lower RPM (like 2 - 2.5K) so it best utilizes HHO production

6) The biggest problem with HHO is, if you are overproducing/ injecting in engine (like low RPM) ECU will advance the mixture detecting more oxygen in O2s so at lower RPM the consumption is really bad, if you reduce HHO production (using PWM), it will not suffice engine needs at high RPM. This is why if you read more about HHOs and tuning cars for HHO, you will notice sellers talking about tuning car at cruising speed (consistent).

7) Even if you don't use HHO, just tweak sensors, you will be able to save on fuel, however it will compromise engine power/ acceleration big time!!!

8) If you are in cold weather, don't expect much HHO production from reactor as water is cold! I am in Toronto and I see big difference in HHO performance when its cold outside or warm. in warm weather, I see Amps shooting up to 11 and in cold it stays under 4Amps. I am not using 772, I am using different kit now, as 772 is just overkill to car's electric system producing 1LPM using 30Amps!!!

9) Sorry, but I don't trust Mileage chips, as its impossible to gain same improvements as compared to tweaking the actual sensors!

I've uninstalled 772, and tried MightyMite http://www.ebay.ca/itm/BRAND-NEW-MIG...item3a6f8f14be, believe me my friends, I've seen a major improvements in my car from HHO perspective.This system uses under 10Amps and produces about 1LPM, which is more than enough for my use.

I am doing all experiments on my wife's 2000 Corolla. I've seen mileage with HHO in city = 10KMs/ L(without HHO = 12KMs/L) and HWys 16KMs/L (without HHO = 14KMs/L) using MAFe and MightyMite HHO (using 9Amps).

I have a simple HHO detector in my car, when its on and producing high HHO, I hear knocking sound from engine and it becomes active (even with MAFe).

Per my understanding, an ideal HHO system would be the one producing more HHO at higher engine RPM and vice versa.

This is per my findings after trying different things on my car/ HHO. Please feel free to agree or object my point of view (using decent language please).

Lone Maverick, I can tell you have done a lot of hands on work and I agree with most of it if not all. Number 2 is possibly correct but also misleading. It might be better stated that by increasing HP you use less fuel to go the same speed so using HHO does decrease the use of fuel or give you better MPG. Winter will never be as good as summer in the frozen north but there are things you can do to get better results but not with the Might Mite.

Darol's Mighty Mite does give gains but they are limited in most cases as you have seen but still gains and if that is enough then OK. Tuning is half the battle and the other half is a reactor that is efficient and its volume is matched to engine. One very important point is that when tuned right you have no loss of power. I have seen to many vehicles claiming higher mileage but barely drag their butts around.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

Quote Originally Posted by myoldyourgold View Post
    Lone Maverick, I can tell you have done a lot of hands on work and I agree with most of it if not all. Number 2 is possibly correct but also misleading. It might be better stated that by increasing HP you use less fuel to go the same speed so using HHO does decrease the use of fuel or give you better MPG. Winter will never be as good as summer in the frozen north but there are things you can do to get better results but not with the Might Mite.

Darol's Mighty Mite does give gains but they are limited in most cases as you have seen but still gains and if that is enough then OK. Tuning is half the battle and the other half is a reactor that is efficient and its volume is matched to engine. One very important point is that when tuned right you have no loss of power. I have seen to many vehicles claiming higher mileage but barely drag their butts around.

Thanks myoldyourgold for your comments. The thing is every one of us has different experience and findings from HHO experiments. I just thought to share all my findings, I am still waiting for weather to get warm so I can continue with my experiment. I am also thinking about some how heat up the water in reactor to improve efficiency. I am planning to break Darol's kit and re-assemble it with lesser spacing between plates and thinner spacers to expose the plates more. I am sure this will further improve performance as spacers are pretty thick (half centimeter thick and .82 cm wide).

However, I am still awaiting you to reveal your invention (as you told me last year) ...