Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: What is the most EFFICENT use of 12 Volts, in plate design?

mneste8718 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyntonStu View Post
    Did you retard the timing?

Have you measured mpg with the tuning and without Hydroxy?

Have you measure mpg with Hydroxy but without tuning?

BoyntonStu

Read my other thread...

and no I didn't retard the timing, imo I think it is pointless and will yield in drop in power and efficiency. We just aren't producing enough to offset the timing of the gasoline. This is just my opinion though...

Question

Quote Originally Posted by c02cutter View Post
    Actually the best generation I have seen any where is at 12v stepped up to 96v at 2 amp. This requires a good circuit and good caps to do. We simulated it with the supply voltage adjustable running at 20000hz. Our supply voltage was at 96 v to begin with in the simulation so we didn't need a step up circuit. We will release video soon on this as we are still testing this concept. The goal here for us is to be able to run a generator and maintain power for a welder. Just a play around circuit.
    Best generation _____liters/minute with 96V and 2 A?

Cell plate count and wiring?

Electrolyte and concentration

Thanks,

BoyntonStu

mario brito Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by stickittoopec View Post
    That is the way he is now, back in 2005 is when the other video was making the rounds. Before he lost it. Even then he didn't understand what was going on with the cell. He kept calling the cells neutral I guess because they were not physically hooked up. He had a ABS plastic corrugated drain pipe and cut some round disk to fit inside the deeper areas then hooked up to each end. A crude series cell, but it was still a series cell. Shortly after that neutral plates were showing up in designs everywhere.
    i didn't know that and i apologise. i thought you were confusing the two types. thanks for the info

thanks

stickittoopec Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mario brito View Post
    i didn't know that and i apologise. i thought you were confusing the two types. thanks for the info

thanks
    No need to apologize I should have referenced the year. I've been at this for 3 or 4 years and forget that some of my references are before other people got started with this.
    By the way Mario your English is better than a lot of people that live here, for whom English is supposed to be their first language.

bobcampbell Guest

Red face Efficiency

Quote Originally Posted by Stratous View Post
    +NNNN- 1.00LPM @ 4Amps = 55 Watt Minutes/Litter

The above is saying you recieved 1lpm at 4 amps? Thats has to be a record. I dont think I have ever seen a liter per minute at 4 amps.
    Your electric bill is charged by Kilo Watt Hours. A watt minute is just a smaller amount of energy. A watt is a measurement of power and a watt minute is the amount. Here is my formula for the 55 watt minutes / litter.

Amps = 4A
    Volts = 13.7V
    Watts = 4 *13.7 = 54.8W
    Minutes per litter = 1MPL
    Watt minutes per litter = 1MPL * 54.8 = 54.8 WM/L

1 Min * 54.8 W
    ---------------- = 54.8WM/L
    1 Litter

The next measurement
    11Amp * 13.7V = 150.7W
    Minutes per litter = 0.93MPL This equalls 1.07 LPM
    Watt Minutes / Litter = 0.93 * 150.7W = 141 WM/L

0.93 Min .* 150.7 W
    ---------------- = 141 WM/L
    1 Litter

If you state that you used 150.7 Watts and created 1.07 LPM then you would divide 150.7 by 1.07 litters. The "time" it took is being left out and it’s no big deal because we all know what we are talking about. But I feel that the most accurate way to state the results is in Watt Minutes. It quantifies the amount of power.

As for the 1 LPM at 4 amps, I made a typo. It's 0.5 LPM. I think I had the number of amps in my head when I wrote that figure. Thank you for calling me on it.

Here is the math:

4Amp * 13.7V = 54.8W
    Minutes per litter = 2 MPL
    Watt Minutes / Litter = 2 * 54.8W = 109.6 WM/L

2 Min .* 54.8 W 109.6 WM
    ---------------- = -----------
    1 Litter 1 Litter

Thank you,
    Bob Campbell

Ok, I have now hit my ceiling. If 12V @ 1Amp is 12 watts. What is the amount of time that it takes to use the 12watts? Is it measured in seconds, minutes, hours? How long does it take for a 100watt light bulb to use 100 watts of power?
    2006 Ram, 5.9 cummins HO. 4 cell design, 1.5 LPM@30amp, 24.3 MPG

If I understand correctly, it takes 1 hour for a 100 watt light bulb to use 100 watts. Is this correct?
    2006 Ram, 5.9 cummins HO. 4 cell design, 1.5 LPM@30amp, 24.3 MPG

mario brito Guest
    Ok, I have now hit my ceiling. If 12V @ 1Amp is 12 watts. What is the amount of time that it takes to use the 12watts? Is it measured in seconds, minutes, hours? How long does it take for a 100watt light bulb to use 100 watts of power?
    i believe that Amps are always measured in hours. but i'm not the best person for this answer.

mario brito Guest

Question

If I understand correctly, it takes 1 hour for a 100 watt light bulb to use 100 watts. Is this correct?

It takes 1 second for a 100 Watt bulb to "use" 100 Watt-seconds of power.

That is why a 100 Watt bulb burns brighter than a 60 Watt bulb.

The bulb is running AT 100 Watts from the moment of turn on.

If it ran for 10 hours, it would consume a Kilo-Watt Hour of power.

BoyntonStu