Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: First off... which electrolytes NOT TO USE!

Winter use high naho consentrate 14-20% of weight

I plan to winter use my hho system and to regulate curren trow a digital constant current pwm.

To maintain water in liquid form on cold days the electrolyt needs to contine 14% naho of water weight to maintain water liquid dowm to -4 F / -20 C

20% should hold it liquid down to -22 F / -30 C

My question:

To protect my engine form electrlyte steam, Do 2 bubblers in series (whit a special filter in the bottom thats brakes the bubbles to mirco bubbles) and one microfilter/flashback protector dry out the hhogas enough?

My dry cell is a 5N x 6 stacks in series and I plan to feed it whit 10-20amps, so the temp should not be warmer that 105-122 F on longer runs.

I have also a pump (1gmp) that helps to cool the elektrlyte.

And the gas do bubbel trow the water resivoar also before it leds in to the bubblers.

If I put the gas trow a nozzel and light it up, and the color is white/blue whitout yellowish... is the gas dry enough? (have not test it yet)

IF Im burning naho what color will that show?

thanks guys

Potassium hydroxide

I am planning on running two glass quart jars. My question is I read in a post that pot-hyd will eat away at glass, has anyone tried this? I will be installing the generators on a 1993 geo metro. The metro already gets 41 mpg. What do you guys think would be a good estimate on mpg improvement? Has anyone installed this unit on a 3 cyl. Motor before? It is a 1.0 liter . I am new here and I enjoy this thread already. I also have a 05 dodge 2500 that I would love to install a few generators on also. I noticed the adm. Has a 06 I would like to kick this idea around with you. Thanks alot guys.

Potassium Hydroxide won't eat glass. It will, however, cause burns on your skin if you actually build one of those mason jar bombs & it explodes while you're near it.
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0
    14 cell / 2 stack 6x9" drycell reactor 28%KOH dual EFIE, MAF enhancer, IAT & ECT controllers, 2.4 LPM @ 30 amps. 6.35 MMW http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/forum/index.php

Dry cell

Can you explain how a dry cell works?

Do some research. Anything you want to know is in here.
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0
    14 cell / 2 stack 6x9" drycell reactor 28%KOH dual EFIE, MAF enhancer, IAT & ECT controllers, 2.4 LPM @ 30 amps. 6.35 MMW http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/forum/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by Georgboy View Post
    I am planning on running two glass quart jars. My question is I read in a post that pot-hyd will eat away at glass, has anyone tried this? I will be installing the generators on a 1993 geo metro. The metro already gets 41 mpg. What do you guys think would be a good estimate on mpg improvement? Has anyone installed this unit on a 3 cyl. Motor before? It is a 1.0 liter . I am new here and I enjoy this thread already. I also have a 05 dodge 2500 that I would love to install a few generators on also. I noticed the adm. Has a 06 I would like to kick this idea around with you. Thanks alot guys.
    Okay, apparently you did some research and come to some half intelligent decision to install a system on your car. The other half, I consider "shooting in the dark". Those glass jar system are poplution to this community, they are nothing but a "bomb" waiting to explode and give our effort another reason for the general public to turn their heads away from this. Take another crack at researching other system. Here's a hint; DRY CELL...DRY CELL. If you are going to take the time to install one and enjoy the benefit, at least make sure you are alive to do so.

This forum is the place to learn. By the way, my 1.8 liter motorcycle engine yield 25% increase. You can tune to get 30-40% percent with a efficient DRY CELL and properly tuned EFIE. Yes you need to address the o2 system on your car if you have them. Taking in consideration your car is in early 90's it probably have narrow band and most likely it is a single wire one at that.

Exclamation Koh & lye safety!!!

Hey everyone! As we all know both KOH and LYE are very caustic, and pose a danger. Water actually will activate the lye when its on your skin. So ALWAYS keep vinegar opened, ready to use. It will neutralize the burn and stop the caustic soda/potash from continuing to burn. Having a gallon open next to my setup saved my skin on my hands and arm, when I had a hose disconnect on me.

Exclamation KOH & LYE Vapor Filtering

Bubblers dont work. Look at your hoses after the bubbler, hazy? Then there is still e-lyte vapor. PVC bubbler, lightly stuffed cotton over barbed fitting holes inside, filled with Activated Charcoal will remove 90% of vapor. Test it...you wont depend on a bubbler again. I went even further and put 2 on my system. The hose going into my engine is BONE DRY...no haze...just Hydroxy!!! Thats the point right GOOD LUCK!!!

ok lets start with salt water

this is really bad it creates hydrogen and clorine gas not hho so your not getting the desired effects from the hydrogen because the clorine is sucking out the oxygen not only that but the clorine gas will etch your pistons and cylinders reducing the life of your engine expontially
    my experience is a couple of table spoons of acid right out of an old battery works very well and boosts the amperage going through the unit
    Daniel
    the only thing you cant do is the thing you dont want to do

saltwater when energized produces H Cl yes chlorine gas and reverts back to salt when released thats like running without an air filter
    Daniel
    the only thing you cant do is the thing you dont want to do