Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Maybe it's the Steam?

Maybe it's the Steam?

Call me crazy but I think i am seeing a pattern from the super High gain crowds.

Of the "100% to 200 % plus gains" crowd it seems that most run Very hot electrolysers. (most of them dont even realise they are running very hot cells.) They have also claimed that closer to combustion chamber to intro there gas is better.

Could it be that the HHO is complemented by large amount of steam? Could that be a key point in kicking up the effectiveness of HHO for those sup.er gains????

Id bet some may be running 80% of their gas output is steam.

Ive wanted to test this theory now for a few month now with a small Gasoline electric generator. but i dont have access to one. Seeing One more guy with super super super claims of outrageous MPG's.

Any opinions

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Roland Jacques View Post
    Call me crazy but I think i am seeing a pattern from the super High gain crowds.

Of the "100% to 200 % plus gains" crowd it seems that most run Very hot electrolysers. (most of them dont even realise they are running very hot cells.) They have also claimed that closer to combustion chamber to intro there gas is better.

Could it be that the HHO is complemented by large amount of steam? Could that be a key point in kicking up the effectiveness of HHO for those sup.er gains????

Id bet some may be running 80% of their gas output is steam.

Ive wanted to test this theory now for a few month now with a small Gasoline electric generator. but i dont have access to one. Seeing One more guy with super super super claims of outrageous MPG's.

Any opinions
    yes sir you are correct that is why i use a wet cell and cooling because no matter how cool you think your generator can run it will boil when putting out 10+LPM and no cooling. that is why in my thread i stress cooling so much.

my claims are not outragous, just wait and if you have time follow the thread.

Its hard to tell with todays modern cars but I still remember my first car a 1973 oldsmobile delta 88. That boat would run like a champ in a rainstorm, you could actually feel the difference in horsepower in wet weather. I've read alot of info about water injection some say it all bogus and others say it works great, I don't know maybe its something to look into.

I know some aviation engines inject a water mist into the combustion chambers in the engines. I believe it has something to do with the phase change of the water mist, absorbing some latent heat. When the water turns to vapor(steam), it of course expands, giving extra "oomph" to the expansion pressure of the chamber.

I'm not a ME, and my background in mechanical engines isn't that knowledgeable, but that's what I've heard/read.

Quote Originally Posted by oicu812 View Post
    Its hard to tell with todays modern cars but I still remember my first car a 1973 oldsmobile delta 88. That boat would run like a champ in a rainstorm, you could actually feel the difference in horsepower in wet weather. I've read alot of info about water injection some say it all bogus and others say it works great, I don't know maybe its something to look into.
    Here is the water plug, read up
    http://www.rexresearch.com/meyerhy/2067735.htm

Phill, I just added you to my yahoo messenger. Im on there all day at work
    The way I see it, if you're gonna build a time machine into a car, why not do it with some style?
    www.hhounderground.com

I'm not a ME, and my background in mechanical engines isn't that knowledgeable, but that's what I've heard/read.
    same here but I work with a M.E. and I know he use to own a rotary engine on a small aircraft so I may pick his brain a bit when i see him next. I know he worked for bell helicopter a few years back. maybe he can giveup some good info on water injection.
    The way I see it, if you're gonna build a time machine into a car, why not do it with some style?
    www.hhounderground.com

Quote Originally Posted by Philldpapill View Post
    I know some aviation engines inject a water mist into the combustion chambers in the engines. I believe it has something to do with the phase change of the water mist, absorbing some latent heat. When the water turns to vapor(steam), it of course expands, giving extra "oomph" to the expansion pressure of the chamber.

thats mainly for cooling

An old mechanic I know says the water injection method was first used in aircraft in World War 2. It was to overcome the poor fuel quality at the time and has also been used on cars. The theory is that a mist of water is sucked into the engine via a bubbler system, and the fine water droplets flashsteam inside the engine and cause extra expansion power. This same thing occurs, supposedly, when driving in wet weather.
    There is an optimal amount of water to achieve better performance/MPG of about 10-15% by certain accounts.
    This could well be partially responsible for some of the MPG increases reported with HHO systems, and could possibly be utilised to increase our results.
    I imagine that a fine HHO diffuser in a large bubbler could help do the trick.
    Any ideas??

Yes, water injection works apart from HHO. On one of my HHO cells I filtered the HHO output through a dessicant to remove all moisture before going into the intake. With that, my mileage decreased. I then built a steam only generator an installed that. My mileage increase has been a little better at 5.5% than with my low output cells.

Many experimenters in this technology claim high MMW numbers when all they are measuring is some HHO with a lot of steam. To get true HHO output you must measure the HHO dried through a condenser or dessicant.
    Red Rat