Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: New Double cell in series

Quote Originally Posted by rzone View Post
    Dude, 1.4 lpm @13A is by far the best I notice until now. You get almost 9ml/W/min, and most DIY cells got 5.5-6 or less. But tell me pls about the level of water that you said about, or where it should be, that is one thing that I miss in my digging.
    And one more thing.... distance between plates.
    I dont remember talking about the water level in the video. The cell wasnt full when I shot the video because I didnt bring enough water. It actually holds about 1.5 gallons. The fill line is about 1.5" below the lid, not sure if it can be seen in the video, but there is a line. The more water the longer the cell can run w/o overheating. The plate spacing is 1/16" or 1.5mm
    2006 Ram, 5.9 cummins HO. 4 cell design, 1.5 LPM@30amp, 24.3 MPG

rzone Guest
    That is where you mentioned about water level. I was intrigued about how water level/ amperage are related
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratous View Post
    . I actually added water to the fill line, which dropped the amps to about 13.
    Tnx for info
    One observation: I'm running my tests now using 3 plates 5" x 3" +n- with various voltages, distances between plates, etc. The production numbers are insignificant, but after watching your video I found this: having the cell laid (5" W and 3"H) the production increase in a small amount, 10% or so. Probably the bubbles have shorter distance to travel on top.
    Maybe if you shoot and post on youtube the production measurement you'll have less non-believers

countryboy18 Guest
    sorry if it is off topic but how can you tell the diffrence between the diffrent types of clear plastic you guys have used for making cells?

Acrylic snap breaks like glass, polycarbonate bends. Also, when I order it, it comes with paper on both sides that say "Polycarbonate"...lol

countryboy18 Guest
    so you like poly better than acrylic because of the bending ability. how do you cut both materials.

No, I like the poly because it is rated for alot more heat. I had to order a special saw blade designed for cutting plastic and glue that was designed to bond Polycarbonate.

Quote Originally Posted by rzone View Post
    That is where you mentioned about water level. I was intrigued about how water level/ amperage are related
    Tnx for info
    One observation: I'm running my tests now using 3 plates 5" x 3" +n- with various voltages, distances between plates, etc. The production numbers are insignificant, but after watching your video I found this: having the cell laid (5" W and 3"H) the production increase in a small amount, 10% or so. Probably the bubbles have shorter distance to travel on top.
    Maybe if you shoot and post on youtube the production measurement you'll have less non-believers
    Unfortunately I cant film the video at home, I shot the last one at work. I then recieved a butt chewing by my CMSgt for having my science project at work...lol. Oh well, someday I will get a video camera.

tbhavsar Guest
    This cell ROCKS!!!!!!!! I am 20 feet away from it and I can see the HHO coming off of it. Its been running for about 30 minutes and the water isnt even warm!!!!
    Sound Great!!!

Since amp is low in Series; one could add more NaOH to improve conductivities; Question: How much NaOH or KOH you used; approx. is fine per gallon of water.

Quote Originally Posted by tbhavsar View Post
    Sound Great!!!

Since amp is low in Series; one could add more NaOH to improve conductivities; Question: How much NaOH or KOH you used; approx. is fine per gallon of water.
    In that cell I believe it was about 3 to 4 tsp per gallon.

tbhavsar Guest
    In that cell I believe it was about 3 to 4 tsp per gallon.
    Thanks; Stratous. I have connected three cells in series; '+n-n+' config, with 1/8 spacing. Following are my reading on voltage and amp. I have yet to measure gas output.. hopefully in couple of days.

Cell #1: 4.03 v, voltage on neutral plate ~2v
    Cell #2: 3.78 v; voltage on neutral plate ~2.10v
    Cell #3: 4.40 v; voltage on neutral plate ~ 2.15v

Total amp < 3.5; kept running for 1 hr.

Question: How come 12.xx voltage from car battery is not equally divided; may it is based on slight difference between gap for each plate, surface across three cells.