Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Electromagnetic HHO generator

Quote Originally Posted by Painless View Post
    Radio Shack stocks it.
    not in an 800 ft. length. the folks at my local shack didnt even know what magnet wire is...

the 22 ga. is part of a 3 spool set... the 22 ga. has a short spool...

i may call another rad. shack to see

thanks
    mike
    Individually our voices are but a whisper, only together will we be heard.
    ENERGY SHOULD BE AND WILL BE FREE

http://www.sciplus.com/

They have 200 foot spools of 24 guage for $5.95 each. Just search for ''magnet wire.''

Quote Originally Posted by daddymikey1975 View Post
    Larry,

Currently I'm trying to find an affordable source for some magnet wire as I would like to try to build this to see if it actually works. Does anyone have suggestions for some wire?? 22ga is fairly small isn't it??

thanks for the replies.
    mike

Larry,
    check out the other link i posted to AlaskaStar's project page. He has a couple pics there as well with some other details of how this is supposed to work. I believe he's trying to replicate, on a smaller scale, the work of the guy that stumbled across this when he 'burned' salt water with radio frequency..

Currently I'm trying to find an affordable source for some magnet wire as I would like to try to build this to see if it actually works. Does anyone have suggestions for some wire?? 22ga is fairly small isn't it??

thanks for the replies.
    mike
    Another place you can try is any local place that works on electric motors. The wire that they use to re-wind electric motors is magnet wire. It is also available all over the internet. A couple of months ago I got three partial spools of 12g heavy build magnet wire left over from a large generator re-wind at a great price since each spool was too small to use for them. If you just pay retail for magnet wire it is very expensive. Here it is $18.00 per pound. I did look at Alaska Star's other link. I still am not sure if the device actually works but it seems like his other stuff is way behind what we are working on and the electronics he is selling are way expensive but the thread is packed with good technical information.

water4gasinstaller Guest

That Sounds Cool! Videos and Pics Please!

Would love to see the running unit. I believe anything is possible. Keep up the good work man!

Quote Originally Posted by cmac0351 View Post
    http://www.sciplus.com/

They have 200 foot spools of 24 guage for $5.95 each. Just search for ''magnet wire.''

if i went that route, how would I connect one spool to another?? soldering obviously, but wouild the solder and electrical tape (insulation) hinder the magnetic field??

i guess i don't know much about electromagnets HAHA

Thanks for the replies
    mike

if i went that route, how would I connect one spool to another?? soldering obviously, but wouild the solder and electrical tape (insulation) hinder the magnetic field??

i guess i don't know much about electromagnets HAHA

Thanks for the replies
    mike
    The partial spools I got had several hundred feet on each spool. I have not had to splice anything. I got 30 pounds of wire between the three spools. Motor shops start with huge 80 pound spools as the re-winds take thousands of feet. If you do need to splice it should be done with solder and something thin as an insulation like heat shrink over the splice. Never electrical tape it is too thick. Another couple of suggestions would be liquid electrical tape or even better an insulating varnish like "Sprayon Green Insulating Varnish". The Sprayon varnish being the best choice. Remember that all the wire next to the splice is coated so no short should occur anyway but the copper does need some protection. The splice will not affect the coil much if at all if you keep them to a minimum. The key to an effecient coil is keeping the windings as close as possible. The only difference between plain solid core wire and magnet wire the thickness of the insulation. Magnet wire uses enamel instead of plastic as the insulation to allow closer spacing.

Larry

thanks for clarifying that Larry.

I'll dig around tomorrow to see if i can find a local shop that rewinds motors, etc...

in the meantime i'll try to source some elsewhere and see where i can get the best deal.

thanks again
    mike

alpha-dog Guest
    thanks for clarifying that Larry.

I'll dig around tomorrow to see if i can find a local shop that rewinds motors, etc...

in the meantime i'll try to source some elsewhere and see where i can get the best deal.

thanks again
    mike
    What are you going to do for your driver?

Quote Originally Posted by alpha-dog View Post
    What are you going to do for your driver?
    Well, I haven't thought that far ahead yet LOL....

I thought about getting a 555 timer and just building a basic oscillator.. it seems as though in the thread they say it doesn't matter what frequency you put through the coil... I figured I'd test that theory as well and if it got me no where then I would start looking into the MHz band with a crystal oscillator...

do you have any suggestions?

mike

Well, I haven't thought that far ahead yet LOL....

I thought about getting a 555 timer and just building a basic oscillator.. it seems as though in the thread they say it doesn't matter what frequency you put through the coil... I figured I'd test that theory as well and if it got me no where then I would start looking into the MHz band with a crystal oscillator...

do you have any suggestions?

mike
    I have read the thread over and over. It seems that an expanding and contracting magnetic field with some good strength behind it is all that is needed. Why not just try DC with a PWM at 50% duty cycle or lower to control voltage. You will have accomplished what you need and have the ability to adjust frequency's.