Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Does injection point of HHO matter????

Quote Originally Posted by Helz_McFugly View Post
    a far better spot then vacuum. if you port into a venturi it works so much better. a venturi will draw more vacuum as your RPMs increase, unlike a vacuum which draws heavy negitive pressure while at idle and nothing when you open the throttle body and lose all negitive pressure.If you dont have a venturi port they are very easy to make inside your intake hose out of a plastick funnel, or ping pong ball just before the throttle body.
    using a vacuum port for HHO is the wrong way to go about it. If you dont have or cant make a venturi, porting into the airhose is better then the vacuum for the same reasons. vacuum = peak HHO at Idle, nothing while accelerating.
    One of the vehicals I have is a Diesel turbo injection would It be more efficient to make a venturi before turbo for HHO?
    Also is it possible to WVI before turbo or will turbo, intercooler & intake hoses, manifold wet out before reaching inlet chambers?

Im not sure I would make a venturi in a turbo intake system. that thing needs every bit of air it can get. If you restrick the air flow you could damage it. you would have to use water injection (pump required) rather then water induction (uses negitive pressure). I dont think it would hurt the turbo to have water vapor pass through it as long as the water remains in an atomized state. If you can afford it, you should look into Snow performance water injection. www.snowperformance.net thats the real deal as far as water injection, this is what anyone trying cool water injection or induction is trying to replicate.

you can try steam as well but cool water vapor is better. the difference is that steam is already expanded. by using cool water vapor it allows for more expansion in the combustion chamber.
    The way I see it, if you're gonna build a time machine into a car, why not do it with some style?
    www.hhounderground.com

Im not sure I would make a venturi in a turbo intake system. that thing needs every bit of air it can get.
    HHO induction. I was thinking of putting a bigger intake hose between airfilter & turbo to house a venturi with same size intake thus not restricting intake? Would I need to or should I just keep it stock and just pipe into intake hose?

Talking

hello, turbo vehicles have 2 air intake, 1 big which come from the turbo to the main intake and a small intake which the engine use to throttle ect. port all your HHO to only the small intake. leave the big intake untouched, port your HHO after the air filter and as close to the combustion chamber as possible.

if and when you have done this please reply and let the forum know what happen.

He was asking about making a venturi (negitive pressure increases as RPM's go up) in his intake hose.
    hhonewbie, to answer your question, what you are talking about would work a little but not enough to work properly. Its better to jsut port your HHO in how you have it now. If you want to use water injection you can get a 40psi water pump thats controlled by vacuum and get a atomization nozzle, which is what Im going to swith to. Im putting in a cold air intake and there is no where to make a venturi in it. Ill post pics and vids of everything I do.
    The way I see it, if you're gonna build a time machine into a car, why not do it with some style?
    www.hhounderground.com

Quote Originally Posted by richard_lyew View Post
    port your HHO after the air filter and as close to the combustion chamber as possible.
    Incorrect. You need to know what your talkn about. Your head is swollen. You know not and not thinks he knows yet knows nothing. You need to listen and be humble.

Helz,
    What about a mist/fog maker for WVI?

Richard seems to think porting into the vacuum is the thing to do. even though the vacuum works the opposite of how you would want your gas delivered. If you use your vacuum youll get all your hho at idle and none when accelerating, when you need it most. Dont mind him, hes in the spirit world.

yea the misters or foggers would be perfect. here is a link to some ultrasonic pond foggers. http://www.mainlandmart.com/foggers.html
    jump over to the "water injection" thread.

http://www.hhoforums.com/showthread.php?t=1673
    www.hhounderground.com

Quote Originally Posted by hhonewbie View Post
    Incorrect. You need to know what your talkn about. Your head is swollen. You know not and not thinks he knows yet knows nothing. You need to listen and be humble.

Helz,
    What about a mist/fog maker for WVI?
    The fog makers i used and sold never lasted very long some not even a month. ( but then again they were running 24/7)

WVI makes sense when you consider the ability for cool water too expand 1600% plus. a lot of very good result reported.

Steam on the other hand is technically expanded already So... But, steam seems to have something else going on. Honestly I'm not sure what it is. I have an idea but it really does not make sense.
    I'll look for a video (i think it is SirHOAX) that shows ducted superheated steam hitting Burning HHO. It actually looks as if the steam is burning. That video and a few others reports, videos etc, leads me to think that the steam burning could be the case. If in fact this superheated steam is dissociating H2 from O2 in the this High heat/pressure environment forming HHO then burning. Closer to the combustion chamber would/could play a big role. I know this is way out there, but to me there seems to be enough circumstantial evidence to say it worth experimenting with, at least for me it is.

I dont think a venturi before your turbo would be a issue. (easy for me to say its not my turbo) I believe we are only trying to get 1-2 PSI differential pressure from the venturi. I think the restriction would not be more amount than 2-3 PSI max. A dirty air filter could causes more restriction than that. Maybe use some pressure gauges to be sure if you want to go that way. But like i say its not my $$ turbo.

Dont mind him, hes in the spirit world.
    Their too wise & universaly knowledgeable to let him in

Quote Originally Posted by Roland Jacques View Post
    The fog makers i used and sold never lasted very long some not even a month. ( but then again they were running 24/7)
    Coud it be the heat under the bonnet or maybe a power serge etc.? Did it burn out or dry out(no water)?

I dont think a venturi before your turbo would be a issue.
    Do you think a venturi will help avoid negative vacuum at high rpm under load?