Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Say hello and looking for pointers

Say hello and looking for pointers

Hi everyone. I just learned about HHO generators for personal use. A guy came into the auction lot where I work and was showing me the 6 wet cell set up that he had on his mid '90s chevy pick up. He was claiming 21 mpg up from 11 or 12. This realy peaked my interest as I drive an '84 F150 with a straight 6. I am getting around 14 mpg the engine is carburated and all the electronics have been removed and replaced with mechanichal points.
    After watching youtube videos and now finding this forum I am extremely interested and will be buildiing a system for my truck.
    I have been through a lot of the newbie and beginer posts and was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction for the next step?
    I am lready looking at dry cell and bubbler construction videos and posts what else should I be looking at?

Thanks for any help.

Same boat

It's been a bit difficult to figure out what size and configuration will work best.I started with a small dry cell pos neg 5 nuetral.I know this cell does not produce enough hho for my truck.I also have inline six that gets terrible gas milage.Anyway my next cell will be a double stack with 5 nuetrals in each.Not sure how much hho this will produce but i think I can adjust with the electrolyte.I'm currently testing the smaller stack but had to sort out some issues with the truck.Ignition and valve etc.Now I will see what happens.I will post when I get results.Anyway my other point is that first I had to get my truck into the best running condition i could.

P.S.

Check out everything on HHO connections website.Thats what has helped me the most.

Welcome!
    Just as Danntanna said, HHOCONNECTION is a great place to start! After that, just add to your knowledge check out the posts here on this forum for the REAL nitty-gritty on your setup.
    You'll get help more readily if you do your homework first.
    Start here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=smm-XGHIN04

Oh yeah, I recently started a thread for my project. Check it out when you get the chance since we both lack electronics.

http://www.hhoforums.com/showthread.php?t=7488

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Hi everyone. I just learned about HHO generators for personal use. A guy came into the auction lot where I work and was showing me the 6 wet cell set up that he had on his mid '90s chevy pick up. He was claiming 21 mpg up from 11 or 12. This realy peaked my interest as I drive an '84 F150 with a straight 6. I am getting around 14 mpg the engine is carburated and all the electronics have been removed and replaced with mechanichal points.
    After watching youtube videos and now finding this forum I am extremely interested and will be buildiing a system for my truck.
    I have been through a lot of the newbie and beginer posts and was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction for the next step?
    I am lready looking at dry cell and bubbler construction videos and posts what else should I be looking at?

Thanks for any help.
    Hi Jeepster,
    Welcome to the forum.. Well, the next step is going to be translating the c.i.d. of your engine to liters so the amount of HHO you'll need can be determined. You are fortunate that you are running a mechanical rather than electronic ignition, as it will be very easy to dial in the mixture(s) and timing for some significant mileage improvements and you'll be able to do it with a "bare bones" sytem to boot. So what size engine are you working with?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    I drive an '84 F150 with a straight 6.
    This should be a 4.9 liter engine, meaning you'll need a system that produces at least 2.45LPM of HHO.
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0
    14 cell / 2 stack 6x9" drycell reactor 28%KOH dual EFIE, MAF enhancer, IAT & ECT controllers, 2.4 LPM @ 30 amps. 6.35 MMW http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/forum/index.php

ignition

Hey,So I just switched from a ignition with points to an electronic ignition.Nothin fancy just basic HEI.My engine is a straight six 4.1 liter.I know I need 2lpm for my engine just not sure how much the cell I'm building will produce.As far as the HEI ignition, seems to work great there is no extra electronics, one wire to the distributor thats it.The reason I switched is because I kept having trouble with my points.Ajustment burning etc.this eliminates all that uncertainty.I highly recomend it and its cheap 60.00 from corvette craig on ebay.Anyway the truck is running better than ever and I'm starting to gauge my millage.My last fill up was encouraging.Even with the smaller cell.Note to self keep an eye on the electrolyte level fill when necessary.

Let me see working in reverse...
    I bought the truck because I wanted someting that was no electronics no frills. I feel that the simpler an engine the easier it is to repair and get parts for.
    Yes it is the 4.9 litre 300 ci ford inline 6. what is the reasoning for 2.5L of HHO? I guess that is something I have missed up to this point. Is that the optimum? or the saturation point? or the do not cross or you will blow your engine point?
    hhofox thanks for the links they are my next step I am very interested in what you are doing for your set up.
    Dantanna I am already looking through the hho connection site it has been a big help in getting my mind wraped around the hho issue. and please keep me updated on how you are doing with your setup.

Here is a basic rule for gasoline engines in regards to how much HHO per liter of engine size. .5 liter per liter of engine size on an engine that you have not leaned out. If you lean the AFR (air fuel ratio) you will have to add more HHO based on the amount you lean out. Lean AFR's burn slow and because of the burn lasting longer the engine absorbs more heat. HHO will speed it up and prevent this. In the end when you lean out the AFR you must experiment to get it right and a good tool is a exhaust gas temperature gauge to get the right amount of HHO. This is a starting point and might take more or less.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .